Sign in to follow this  
AviatorMan

Milviz compatibility with V2.1 vs V2.0

This topic has been moved from "The MILVIZ Support Forum" to "The Prepar3d General Forum".

Thanks for that.  

Perhaps AviatorMan should be allowed to start over again.  Same questions, perhaps change the title a bit so it is a unique new topic.  Then perhaps his intended discussion could ensue.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Nice attitude MilViz. I'm another customer you've just lost!

Nose/CutOff/SpiteFace

If you only deal with 'nice' people who 'respect' you, you won't be making too much difference to the economy.

Milviz make some damned good stuff and it's your loss if you don't buy some of it!

I've been following this thread and I've kept changing sides with every post. But on the whole I tend to come down on the Milviz side of the fence. I spent a lifetime in sales and believe me, the customer is not always right!

2c

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Ron -

Not sure how successful your sales career was - and I hope it was - but plain and simply there are a lot of very excellent developers of aircraft for FSX/Prepar3D out there that do treat their customers with respect. MilViz obviously doesn't give a crap if anyone buys their products or not and this is more than disrespect for their customers it's extreme arrogance. Bottom line is that no one needs to deal with companies like this - period.

Thanks for responding to my post though.

Some penance in admitting difficulty in diplomacy--it can be a difficult task, especially with changing demands and moving targets of new software releases.  As with most businesses everyone has to do more with less.  Then take the fact the Customer Service and Software Development don't use the same skill set, and add a fairly impersonal forum environment, and these types on interactions are bound to happen.

Milviz keeps my business.  They make an excellent product and, overall, I feel like they support them well. (I've seen far worse support out there).  Hopefully a lesson was learned by all: Milviz probably alienated a few customers, and a few customers learned about the business side of things.  Everyone learned that customer service is important to a product's success and a little flexibility on everyone's part goes a long way.

Onward and upward, and may cooler heads prevail.

Don

MilViz obviously doesn't give a crap if anyone buys their products or not and this is more than disrespect for their customers it's extreme arrogance. Bottom line is that no one needs to deal with companies like this - period.

It's pretty clear that you did not read the entire thread, else you would not be throwing JetA on the dieing embers in an apparent attempt to fuel them back into flame... Shame%20On%20You.gif

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Everybody occasionally gets out of the wrong side of the bed and we are all only human and sometimes misdirect our frustrations. Lets cut Colin a little slack here. He is not the first 3PD that vented on a customer and by the content of his comments he has had sober second thoughts about the whole thing. Its well known that the margins for 3PD are very tight and it must be difficult to stay ahead. He has apologies and delivered a piece offering. Now I can only speak for myself here but out of the 30 or 40 addon aircraft that I own for FSX the 3 Milviz I own are ranked in my top 6. Sometimes its hard to focus on the positive in these situtations but I would rather have Milviz around and doing well than a myriad of devs. that just spew out unfinished second rate stuff and are yet among the biggest Devs. of all. The people at Milviz are artist and clearly in it for more than the money but they do have to eat. I like their approach to the EULA issues, consider it fair and will continue to buy Milviz products that interest me despite Collins short fuse. :lol:

@ 1other1. Try Orbx on for size if you want to see some real customer relations from the head honcho! :biggrin:  I still buy pretty much all they turn out though because it's good stuff. Colin is a pussycat by comparison

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I would say tomcat is a more accurate description.....then again I find a tomcat's attitude more fun to be around than a pussycat that just sits and purrs at the slightest provocation...

ducks and dives for the nearest suit of armor....

or:

drops head and works furiously while whistling innocently...

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

Nice attitude MilViz. I'm another customer you've just lost!

Great shame too. I hope Carenado/Alabeo make a C310 at some point. I'd rather pay $30 for a product from a forward-thinking developer that releases free patches, than sink another $10 into a purchase from a developer that only seems to release new EULAs.

About the compatibility issues - P3D 2.1 changed something in the way the sim reads. XML gauges. Seeing as it broke a number of add-ons from many different developers, it's likely LM will issue a fix themselves, rather than forcing all add-on developers to release hotfixes.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

I always thought one of the basic rules of retailing is "No one ever won an argument with a customer."

Except in the world of flight sim where people seems happy to be abused and kicked around by developers. That's what little or no competition means in practice.

That said, let's not blow things out of proportion either.

It's not arrogance. It's the future.

ORBX has upgraded their products for free for both P3D v1 and v2, so developers see things differently too. They even release a lot of freeware and have upgraded most of it too! Good luck on your strategy, it might not be wrong and customers might be willing to pay for dual licenses. Different strokes for different folks, but lighten up will you. Politness never killed anyone :)

I spent a lifetime in sales and believe me, the customer is not always right!

After just 15 years in sales I've learned the following. It doesn't help to have the best product, technology and knowhow unless you couple it with a likable personality and vice versa. Nobody likes throwing money at a &¤%#&§!, and nobody buys crap just because they like the person selling it.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Great shame too. I hope Carenado/Alabeo make a C310 at some point. I'd rather pay $30 for a product from a forward-thinking developer that releases free patches, than sink another $10 into a purchase from a developer that only seems to release new EULAs.

About the compatibility issues - P3D 2.1 changed something in the way the sim reads. XML gauges. Seeing as it broke a number of add-ons from many different developers, it's likely LM will issue a fix themselves, rather than forcing all add-on developers to release hotfixes.

We're one of the few devs that do release patches to our stuff. We have yet to release a new Eula. That will happen soon enough.

Even if LM releases a hot fix, we will still be implementing the split off. We are, in fact, working on that right now.

For those who find me hot headed, arrogant or whatever... Sure... I may be those things. It's for sure I'm not marketing/sales material. Hence the reason we're looking for someone to do the front end of the company...

If you don't want to buy our stuff, then what can I say... That's your choice.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

My impression, if I read correctly, was that V2.1 stopped "interpreting" bad XML - it just blocks it. So, I believe the onus is now on the addon developers to fix the XML.

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

That is correct

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.