Sign in to follow this  
alexplgr

Installed OpusFSX 3.4.2.10 and p3d v2.1

hello

after reinstalling p3d from v2.0 to v2.1,i have a problem when i want to start the opusfsx,i have this message.

THE SPECIFIED MODULE COULD NOT BE FOUND.(EXCEPTION FROM HRESULT:0x8007007E) at bl.cctor

any idea

thanks

P3D v2.1 is working fine on my system. I haven't encountered any errors.

Cheryl

We have just ran OpusFSX release version 3.42.10 with P3D v2.1 with no problems. The weather takes a little longer to generate on P3D due to P3Ds intensive CPU usage but that's not a problem, just an observation after comparing with FSX.

Stephen

The program needs the SimConnect library components and uses SimConnect to interface to the simulator. Try installing our SimConnect.msi.

Stephen :-)

There seem to be issues with Simconnect on some P3D 2.1 installs.  See the latest posts in the big "2.1 is available" thread in the P3D forum (around post 360 and after) for details.

Thanks for the info, I will check that out. I just installed the patch and it worked fine, I didn't need to reinstall anything else.

Cheryl

Version 2.0 also had SimConnect problems on some systems I believe. If you have no joy installing SimConnect using our msi then its probably best sticking with 2.0 for a while until the LM problem is resolved.

Stephen :-)

It seems to be highly variable from one system to the next.  I had no problems at all but others are reporting that SimConnect failed to install on 2.1 and they had to do it manually via the SimConnect msi's.  

OK, thanks for the info, there is a SimConnect.msi in the OpusFSX folder. I believe some systems need a reboot after installing SimConnect.

Cheryl

There's a known bug in the P3d 2.1 installer in that it doesn't install legacy versions of SimConnect. If you have FSX or a previous version of P3d installed, the legacy versions are already there