Sign in to follow this  
aceridgey

Dirty Cockpit Option?

Hi there guys,

Would it be possible to have a more used cockpit option for the 777 that can be toggled via the PMDG operations centre?

With the 300er coming to us soon, they have perhaps gained more usage compared to the newer 200LR. 

The dirty cockpit would add to the authenticity of the product in my opinion and it would be something I would greatly appreciate having the option of.

Kind regards,

Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

That would mean editing and creating duplicates of the existing (ones included with the 77W package) textures. That would mean a little bit larger file size. I guess you could always edit the textures for personal use yourself.

And also have the option to remove the lid on the cockpit voice recorder on the overhead panel. Most 777 nowadays don't have it installed.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Yusuf Keyre

I am not a fan of dirty cockpits and certainly won't support this until we also get a clean cockpit option for the NGX in turn ;)

Dave P. Woycek

I'm also not a fan of dirty cockpits + the 777 is a new airplane and still in production. So I don't need any kind of dirt.

But I'll second the request from IFRking to remove the old style cockpit voice recorder lid. (Maybe it's already done but if not, it would be a really cool makeover)

I dirtied the outside of my NGX, so now she's a dirty little pig inside and out and I love it… she's a workhorse! :lol:

Norman Henderson

I prefer the worn out/used look on the outside as well as in. I'm sick of squeaky clean repaints as in RL is just not like that - Everything suffers from wear n tear. Lets have that in the cockpit as well!!!!

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Wear and tear is one thing but dirt is quite another. Dirt and stains will soon accumulate on the outside between washes. But on the inside aircraft are cleaned thoroughly and regularly so dirt isn't really realistic. Some wear and tear marks in realistic places possibly. But is it really worth all the extra time and effort for PMDG to produce?

With the 300er coming to us soon, they have perhaps gained more usage compared to the newer 200LR.

The 300ER is the same vintage as the 200LR. Now the 200ER (when and if we get one) might well represent an older aircraft by default. A bit scuffed and ragged. But it should still be clean. B)

ki9cAAb.jpg