Sign in to follow this  
GundamWZero

Problem with the Operations Center

I have a small issue with the Operations Center: I can select the PMDG 737 and it will show my options within that aircraft, but when I select the PMDG 777, It wants me to buy it...

I have already bought the product.

Is there an update to the operation center I don't know about? Or is there a way to validate my purchase to allow the Operation Center to recognized the 777?

Rodney E. Jacobs

IF. . .this were me, I'd go to PMDG and submit a ticket.  They will have to deal with this.

Yeah... let me contact them....

Ticket submitted... however it'll take them 24 to 48 hours to reply...

I find it faster to find resolutions through here.

Rodney E. Jacobs

Still no answer...

Come on guys - the Operations Center dosent show the livery manager for my 777 and it used to. Now when I select the 777 in the ops center, it asks me to buy it....

This should be an easy fix.

Rodney E. Jacobs

I just cleared out all the tickets and did not see anything with your name on it...

Possibilities here though:

1. Make sure the OC is up to date - go to C:\Program Files (x86)\PMDG Operations Center and manually run the file called OpsCenterUpdater.exe. That should get the latest 1.61 version installed.

2. Download and run this FSX registry entries fix tool - the OC relies on these entries being there and if they're missing it won't be able to find the products:
http://tweakfs.com/download/fsx_reg_utility.zip

If neither of those work let me know and we'll go from there.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I just cleared out all the tickets and did not see anything with your name on it...

Possibilities here though:

1. Make sure the OC is up to date - go to C:\Program Files (x86)\PMDG Operations Center and manually run the file called OpsCenterUpdater.exe. That should get the latest 1.61 version installed.

2. Download and run this FSX registry entries fix tool - the OC relies on these entries being there and if they're missing it won't be able to find the products:

http://tweakfs.com/download/fsx_reg_utility.zip

If neither of those work let me know and we'll go from there.

Here is my ticket number: 2F4-1A9141F1-0427

Also a few more things that has been going wrong:

747/8i crashes... fault lies in pmdgsounds.dll

I went and purchased a extended download for the 747/8i and I still can't get a download link.

You guys must be on vacation or something... the turn around time for solving these issues are normally much faster than this,

Now it has gotten worse... now 737 series, J4100, AND the 777 will not show the liveries section... all PMDG aircraft show a "Buy Now" screen...

Man if you holler "reinstall, I am going to go nuts.... because I have to purchase the extended downloads all over again... and one download isn't currently even working... it says the link is expired.

...and I can't reply to my own support ticket!!!

Arrgh!!!!

Rodney E. Jacobs

I don't want to open a new thread but i can't update OC from 1.0 version to the latest. A few days ago i have reinstalled Windows on my laptop, and now i am unable to update the OC. When i click the update button in the OC i get the message saying that this is not the version for m pc, and the other one says there was a problem launching new Updater. It is under Windows 8.1, it worked before the reinstall i dont see any reason not to work now :/

Thanks,

Ivan

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

Rodney-

>>747/8i crashes... fault lies in pmdgsounds.dll

There is another thread in the forum right now on this topic.  Some changes have happened within windows since this product was released in 2007- and another user came up with some good and easy to follow recommendations for isolating and fixing that problem.  I have not tried the recommendations on a test machine- but I believe Ryan has had some success with it.

>>I went and purchased a extended download for the 747/8i and I still can't get a download link.

(Did you follow the instructions for getting the download link renewed?  I'm betting not.  :P   I'll go take a look for you in a few moments...)

>>You guys must be on vacation or something... the turn around time for solving these issues are normally much faster than this,

Lets see...  you have gotten two replies from us... in 10hrs...  over a saturday night/sunday morning...  So yes- apparently we are falling down on the job.  I sent a support request to one of our competitors in 2006 and I am still waiting for a reply... but hey- who am I to complain?

>>Now it has gotten worse... now 737 series, J4100, AND the 777 will not show the liveries section... all PMDG aircraft show a "Buy Now" screen...

This is leaning very strongly in the direction of your registry having lost track of where FSX is located.  The OC is using your FSX registry entries to determine what you have installed- so if is not seeing any of your installed PMDG products that would tell me that the registry needs a fix.  See Ryan's post above...

>>Man if you holler "reinstall, I am going to go nuts.... because I have to purchase the extended downloads all over again... and one download isn't currently even working... it says the link is expired.

In this instance it might not be bad to try...  I don't think it is required yet however.

I'll go take a look for your ticket and see why you are locked out of it...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

rarandoazzo -

After the update on the Ops Center, it looked like a simple restart of my machine was in order - everything is "dress-right-dress" now. :P

The reason I have done the service extension was to see if I can run a repair of my 747/8i... maybe that will fix the pmdgsounds.dll issue - besides I think it is prudent that I put all of your .exe I have downloaded on to a disk - to prevent continuous purchases of the service extensions. Sorry.... just trying to pinch my pennies.

Rodney E. Jacobs

Still having an issue with the 747... but we can still hammer that out through my current trouble ticket - oh do I need a  new one?

Rodney E. Jacobs

Alright...I think the PMDG 747-8i issue has something to do between the pmdgsounds.dll and the input of the Saitek X52 Flight Control System.

After deleting the pmdgsounds.dll from the trusted section of the FSX.cfg file and fixing the registry in accordance with what I read in the PMDG Knowledge database, I set the aircraft on a active runway for about 5 minutes. After I saw that it had not crashed, I tried to change views using a button on the flight stick... it crashed.

Next, I placed the aircraft in the air, and ran it until I nearly hit the ground and pulled back on the flight stick...it crashed again.

Finally I placed the aircraft on the ground again, this time I right-clicked and tried to change views... and it crashed again.

Each time the fault identifies pmdgsounds.dll as the application fault. No other PMDG Aircraft has that problem... I took the MD-11 out because it was causing FSX to crash when the 747 was installed... could that still be the problem??
Either way, it looks like I will have to purchase the entire 747-400/8i series all over again. :(

Rodney E. Jacobs

Thanks again fellas... everything is now right as rain... :P 

Now if you can add the 747-4/8i to the Operations Center and release the 747 version 2.0...  :wub:

Rodney E. Jacobs

Good day,

I have the PMDG 747 and 747 F with 747 8i and 8F expansion and the PMDG MD 11 and MD11F. When I open the Operations center none of them are there .

Is there anything I can do to solve this problem?

Thanks. 

Good day,

I have the PMDG 747 and 747 F with 747 8i and 8F expansion and the PMDG MD 11 and MD11F. When I open the Operations center none of them are there .

Is there anything I can do to solve this problem?

Thanks. 

Hi Avianca, love that airline, Ilived in Colombia a couple of years, nice memories.

I'm afraid there are not MD-11 nor B747 "profiles" in the OC. I think they'll wait for the B747 V2 to open it up and the MD-11 is no longer on the eyes of PMDG so that might be the reason it's not there.