Sign in to follow this  
Guest panda234

Flight Planners

Hi Everyone, and I hope its not too late to wish all a happy new year!I'm currently using FSNav, which i am very pleased with and use a lot, but i am also wondering if there are any Flight Planners out there (preferably freeware, but fine with payware) that run externally from FS? Only its sometimes a bit of a hassle to load up the old sim and plot my flight, save it then load up the flight.. I mean that doesnt really happen in the real world, does it :-) So, are there any out there that anyone can recommend that fits this need? I've looked at a couple, but as with most things, before parting the

Louise

London, UK

Hi Leo,I use FSBuild 2.1 and love it. Very comprehensive and doesn't need to have FS running. Also allows saving flight plans for all your add-on aircraft FMCs like PSS Airbus series, PMDG 737, and many others.The program is payware and can be found at http://www.fsbuild.comDougDell XPS Gen3 (3.6GHz/800FSB)2GB DDR RAM74GB SATA, 10k RPM (C: ) & 120GB SATA (D: )ATI Radeon x800 XT (Catalyst 4.12)Audigy 2 ZS Sound (latest drivers)MS Force Feedback 2WindowsXP Pro (SP2)DirectX 9.0c

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Thanks Doug - i think i will research a bit more into user feedback on this as there doesnt seem to be a demo, but it certainly looks like what i want...

Louise

London, UK

Guest panda234

Yes, this does look interesting. How could I have missed this? I use fsnav, but it hasn't been upgraded since the initial release and from what I hear it won't be. But this seems to have all the bells and whistles and runs outside of fs9, so can run it on a 2nd comp. Hmmm...billg

Hi Leo,As an ex USAF navigator, flight planning is a passion with me :-). I have tired most of the flight planners avialable for MSFS. IMHO Ernie Alston has created just an excellent tool with FSBuild. It has the multy functions of simplincity mixed with complexed route planning. Having said that, what most of want is excellent auto planning tools that mesh with our aircraft. FSBuild meets those kinds of functions.I plan every flight with FSBuild and then build an accurance route tool to use with the PMDG 737FMC to fly the route. As others have said, FSBuild runs outside of the MSFS environment, which I find a BIG plus. There are enough resources being used in the FS environment not to mentioned a running nav program.In short, this program, FSBuild, is just superior for the serious simmer that wants accurate flight planning. In addition it does an excellent job with fuel planning. I have used to plan flight all over the world and it has not dropped me into the drink :-)It is payware, but a very low price for an excellent program.Bob JohnsonDenver

Guest panda234

As a real world navigator, yes, I can see how flight planning would be a priority, hehe. What aircraft did you fly? Sounds like I should give this a try. I would miss the moving map, but hey, that's not very realistic anyway. Thx for the valuable input!billg