Sign in to follow this  
nmerced

Imagine Sim ZSPD Shanghai - Pudong released

Here's my question a again. I had installed some years ago a global china scenery package , available here in the library, which contained many Chinese airports, and amongst them, Pudong. Has any of you had that freeware scenery installed and if positive, did you manage to remove ONLY Pudong.

I ask since the scenery folder and files makes it impossible to identify the ZSPD files, or shall I uninstall the whole package just to install the imagine sim scenery ?

Of course I could uninstall the package and simply install the new scenery, but I'd like to avoid trashing all the many small Chinese airports and also Beijing ZBAA which are part of that global Chinese scenery.

Well since you didn't say which scenery you had installed, it's a difficult question!

Out of interest I installed "all_china_scenery_v2.3.22" to have a look, and it crashed the sim despite stepwise removal of possibly offending bits.

I imagine it cannot co-exist with the various Skysoft and Imaginesim sceneries already there. 

Not really Brenchen.  Pudong is a major commercial hub. Few GA aircraft use it. FSX still suffers OOM's and VAS problems with the heavies.  It's not for nothing that ORBX concentrates on the smaller airfields ... they were burnt on YMML and YBBN.

Because of its smaller system overhead FS9 as a platform is more suited to flying the heavies than FSX, period.

Returning to Pudong. I downloaded the infuriating demo (can't afford to buy until next month) and pleasantly surprised. As reported ImagineSim have indeed lifted their game. 

All that remains is ZBAA, a modern rework of Teipei and Manila (FS9) and we've pretty much got the world covered.

Purchased their scenery myself just yesterday but haven't gotten around to flying yet. Waiting on the weekend as I'll likely use an A380 from Dubai and need roughly 8½ hours to set aside. 

Unfortunately, we're still missing a semi-decent rendition of any New Zealand airport. I've searched far and wide for a quality Auckland International or a Christchurch International to no avail. I love flying Emirates and those two airports will fit comfortably into my own FS9 world of Emirates. I may just end up suggesting Auckland to the Imaginesim guys and hope they might pick it up!

Do, and also to anybody else who'll listen!

It's a shame there's no state of the art NZAA...

I'll ask if the RealNZ sceneries can get back online, there was some issue I recall and they were pulled.

Thank you Wingz, indeed I omitted to mention which scenery I was using. I did experience crashes in the HK area too, but managed to sort the problem by digging out some duplicated afcads near the new ZGGG. Now I guess I have no other choice than trashing the whole package if I want to use the new Pudong, but again, I will miss Beijing which wasn't bad at all, and it really annoys me. More simply I might try to email the author , if I get e response I will eventually keep you guys posted.

I may just end up suggesting Auckland to the Imaginesim guys and hope they might pick it up!

Absolutely nothing against Cal of ImagineSim but just across the Tasman Sea we have FlyTampa doing YSSY.  I'd be giving them a little suggestion if I were you  :rolleyes: ... particularly since ORBX have already 'done' NZ but decline to do major airports.

Absolutely nothing against Cal of ImagineSim but just across the Tasman Sea we have FlyTampa doing YSSY.  I'd be giving them a little suggestion if I were you  :rolleyes: ... particularly since ORBX have already 'done' NZ but decline to do major airports.

I'm aware, but I don't believe FlyTampa take requests into consideration. Still, I've emailed ImagineSim and hopefully they'll take a shot at it. 

Still, I've emailed ImagineSim and hopefully they'll take a shot at it. 

Someday.  I note today Cal has informed that Austin is next on his agenda.  A fine choice since no other payware has existed for this destination.  I still think FlyTampa is the obvious designer though FSDG is doing Ayres Rock so they might also be a contender in additional things antipodean.   <_<