Sign in to follow this  
jack-daniels

Saitek FIPs not working

Hi,

I installed P3D 2.1 on a fresh system. After all I added my 6 FIPs.

Problem: they don't work. Double clocking the exe in the program files(x86)\directoutput folder brings up an error message that the "side by side configuration" does not work.

What does it mean? I really don't know.

Next thing is, that there is a exe.xml in the roaming folder, but the FIPs do not connect to the sim.

I manually added the exe file, but it doesn't work.

What else can I say?

FSUIPC latest version installed.

EZDOK works perfectly, it is started by the Exe.xml.

With Former P3D 2.0 the FIPs worked perfectly. Don't know what exactly was te difference :-(

I use Track it 5, to make it I run had to install sim connect from within the folder in the p3d 2.1 Installation.

How do I get the FIPs to work? I'm sure they must work.

Thanks so much in advance!

it is a simconnect issue. in some people's systems, the installer does not install legacy fsx simconnect you need to do it manually

Installed the FSX simconnect and the FIP´s are working correctly now :-)

Great hint, thanks!

The only thing now is, that the display are lagging a bit, are there any experiences on that?

I am really having a tough time with this.  I got a new motherboard (EVGA Z97 with a I7 4790K, 16 GB).  I did a fresh install of windows 7 64 bit, installed P3D 2.2.10437.0.  Everything works fine, Saitek Yoke, Radio Panel, Multi Panel, Switch Panel, Throttle etc.  What does not work is any of the FIP's (I have 9 of them).  They all worked flawlessly on my old Z77 motherboard with no problems of any kind.  I have a 20 port USB hub with a 10 amp power supply on it that I have used for two years now with all the Saitek stuff and the old motherboard.  I have confirmed the hub is fine on another computer (but not with panels, fip's etc., just a test run with other USB devices).

I have the correct exe.xml entries and the correct SaiflightsimX.xml file in the direct output folder for the FIP's.  According to LM simconnect is no longer required but I installed it anyway (tried removing it but no difference on the FIP's).  I am certain of the exe.xml file, I have done all of this many times before but this one has me stumped.  I scaled down to a single FIP on a USB port connected to the computer directly and removed all hubs, other saitek devices etc.  Same problem, no display on the FIP from P3D (the normal Saitek ads appear on it so it is functioning ok).

Hopefully someone has some ideas because I am out of them.

I just spent 3 frustrating evenings to get my FIP's to work. What finally did the trick was

1. Disable the enhancedpowersettings (a "known" problem in Windows 8.1)

2. Install the SimConnect from the redist\interface\FSX-RTM folder in the P3D installation folder

3. Run an old version of the Saitek software, the latest gave my irregular displays like erroneous image displays and wrong colors.

-Emile.

Emile van Gerwen.