Sign in to follow this  

I decided...

...to enjoy what I've got.

Does v2.1 give me slight stutters? Yes.

Does v2.1 give me slight blurries? Yes.

Does v2.1 give me graphical spikes? Yes.

Does v2.1 give me OOMs? Yes.

Does v2.1 give me problems with Simconnect? Yes.

But now the more important questions...

When I cruise low and slow in my A2A C172 above FTX AU and look into the distance ahead of me, do I like what I see? H*** YEAH!

Does flying this way give me a relaxed and good feeling when I do NOT focus on everything that is wrong with the sim? H*** YEAH!

Does having to reload an autosaved flight after an OOM kill me? H*** NO!

So screw stutters, blurries, spikes, OOM's, Simconnect and whatever else there may be wrong with v2.1: I decided to enjoy what I've got!!!

In fact, I feel a bit ashamed for all my moaning and complaining posts in the past (not only when it comes to v2.1 but also v2.0 and FSX and previous versions!). Here I am, with a roof above my head, three meals a day, more snacks and drinks than are healthy for me, an expensive PC in front of me with a sim on it and a load of addons plus some simming hardware attached, and more than enough free time on my hands to simulate flying... who the H*** am I to moan...?!?

Edited by Guest
Removed inappropriate language

Yep, interesting view of where we stand.

I also decided to use Prepar3d for what i consider superior but without pushing it outside the envelope. I installed a few planes and have fun with them and forget for the moment about the ones that are not compatible and any sceneries. For the time being i focus on low visibility ifr flight with volumetric clouds and put all sceneries slider to the left to accomodate my old video card in surround. I had a lot of untertain...... oups....., hard training sessions over the last two months.

All my fsx setup is still there and i can return to it if the mood to use others plane or sceneries come back.

But for the last two months, whenever i have time to spend on the hobby, it's always Prepar3d that I fire. I have much more return for my money than when i purchased fsx and put it on a shelf for a couple of years...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

Does v2.1 give me slight blurries? Yes..............No, lucky I reckon

Does v2.1 give me graphical spikes? Yes..........No, lucky I reckon

Does v2.1 give me OOMs? Yes..........................Kinda, one aircraft and it has to be the aircraft compatibility.

Does v2.1 give me problems with Simconnect? Yes.................No, works perfect.

Im a die hard FSXer. Tried to do a flight with FSX and had to quit mid flight. Performance was bettier in V2.1 and clouds, scenery are soo much realistic in 2.1. :wink:

This is the most bizarre full moon effect I've ever seen.  It's making people think positive!!  Don't worry guys, it'll go back to normal when the full moon passes.  :D

I don't know about anyone else, but I intend to enjoy it while it lasts.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

+1 JVanE, I like your attitude !!  Yes, we are Blessed indeed.

Regards

Lamar

Regards

Lamar Wright

I guess I fit in this catagory too. When I started with FSX a few years ago, I was one of those who wanted a cockpit as close to the real thing as possible, set up to an Airbus 318, 320, etc. I didn't fly to much, cause I was to busy building,,,, I bought all kinds of addon's that,,,,really were a waste of good money. Only thing that turned out OK was scenery.

Then one day I realized each time I did fly, was with the Beech Baron 58. I still have my sim, and will add/chg it from time to time,  but I scaled down,,,,,a lot!

I bought Prepar3d v2 and even though I had problems, I liked it, got the update,,,and now I can start P3d up, the Baron 58 comes up, and all three screens setup as I want them,,,,and I FLY. FLY, FLY!

I'm hoping to get Orbx's Global, Victor, and as many Orbx scenery's as I can,,,,and that's it.

P3d is the future and I have un-installed anything that has FSX in it. And I sure feel a LOT better.

Larry

Lol! I hear you. Bugs bugs bugs.... They are everywhere! But at least LM are engaged to make the sim even better and based on the latest patch, the sim experience is improved even more. It however does also illustrate that this sim is not a 1 size fits all product. Some patience and understanding will go a long way to producing the best results. The last time a major promised a panacea, we ended up with Ms Flight! No!, Thank you!

I am steadily moving to just Prepar3d, it won't happen overnight, I have to work the bugs out. As I move forward I will keep fsx just for pmdg and ifly that I have. After they have been replaced by better that will be the end of fsx.

Welcome back from the dark side Jeroen!

Seriously, enjoy this sim for what it's worth and compromise with Orbx AU - simply turn down the veggie slider to sparse (3 seconds extra work) and enjoy. It is so much better than FSX and you will still see more autogen.

hahahaha   avsim need place for rehab to write    my name is _____ I stop using and I decide to use again I can not kick habit.

Wish I could have the same outlook. Ok, I'm lying I really don't. I deleted all my installs a few months ago.  I miss it but I actually don't.  Too much work, too many people trying to sell you bridges and developers who take QA secondary and tell their customers to go pound sand when they complain about shotty work and vague support. (I'm looking at you John Venema) 

Flight Simming with FSX/P3D is a one way ticket to Stockholm Syndrome.

I plan on eventually buying X-Plane but for now.. I'm at peace not having to deal with any of this anymore. 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I plan on eventually buying X-Plane but for now.. I'm at peace not having to deal with any of this anymore. 

Why wait? I bought XP10, when it first came out (some time around late 2011, as I recall). I was impressed that somebody had actually made a flight sim that was better than FSX (FSX without FSX add-ons).  I didn't buy P3d when it was first introduced, but I did buy it at version 1.4. P3d was basically a cleaned up FSX that could use much of the FSX 3rd party artistry. I then was splitting my time between XP10 and P3d almost equally and only using FSX to run VRS's TacPack. But the novelty of XP10 wears off, especially when you "peek" at the FSX forums and see all the great new add-ons that are available for FSX. 

That brings me to P3d2, which caused me to uninstall XP10 altogether. I came to the conclusion that I was never going to spend money for XP10 add-ons and I wasn't about to abandon the world of FSX/P3d. I'm not making any recommendations here, except that people that want to move forward in flight simming better pick either XP10 or P3d, because one day, you too will be peeking at those "other" forums on AVSim and wishing that you had made the jump.

Why wait?

Unemployed..  Gotta spend wisely as I'm living off my savings right now..

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

And regarding blurries, stutters, spikes and whatever else, spend some time in here and the veterans will give the answers you need to get crisp, clear, non-stuttery P3Dv2.1. 24 hours ago I was ready to downgrade. Now, the sim is running like butter (except for the G1000 issues in Carenados) |THANKS to THESE FORUMS