Sign in to follow this  
garyda

FS9 will not load! help please!

Everybody recommends to install Flightsims in the root directory. FS9 allows that at Setup, instead of FSX. Normally you shouldn't have problems while moving your addons to the new FS9 folder. Anyway the addons aren't lost if  you encounter new problems. As long as your new installation isn't definitely fixed, I would suggest to keep the addons, aircraft, scenery.cfg (very important) etc. saved somewhere.

I reinstalled my FS9 countless times, and that with 1'800 scenery folders, 3'000 aircraft ... Usually in six hours it's completed.

Bernard

Edited by leuen

Should I keep FS9 in the root directory or should I move back into the default (x86) program files?

No, leave it in the root directory.  When you re-install your add-ons, just pay attention to the target path and point it to your current install.  Most add-ons will point to the default install path of "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9", Just remove the "\Program Files\Microsoft Games" part and you should be fine.

Glad you got it working again.

Cheers,

Jeff

Cheers for the replys, I deleted all my addons so I will have to fetch them from various sites like Aerosoft etc. Really glad to be getting it back on hopefully as good as I had it in the last few years but if I need any help I will know where to turn to. Invaluable advice from you guys! CHEERS!!

Cheers for the replys, I deleted all my addons so I will have to fetch them from various sites like Aerosoft etc. Really glad to be getting it back on hopefully as good as I had it in the last few years but if I need any help I will know where to turn to. Invaluable advice from you guys! CHEERS!!