Sign in to follow this  
felipeturbay

Some help - REX 4 Installation problem

Hi guys,

I just bought REX 4 and downloaded from simMarket. However, once the file has been downloaded I cannot execute any option to configure the product. I tried downloading the product for a second time just to see if some files were missing, but no solution. Two windows open, one with the file as below and a second showing: "C:\Windows\System32" 

Have some of you guys experience somethign similar, is there some alternatives?

I have added a snapshot of the files I am seeing...

Unbenannt_zps9260e71a.png

Thanks! 

What happens when you double-click "setup"?

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Unzip the downloaded file if you haven't already, navigate to the folder you unzipped to and double click on the main installer "rextexture_20131215".  This file's name is really "rextexture_2013215.msi" but you've got file name extensions turned off so you don't see this.  This is the main installer (an MSI is a Windows installer file).  From there, just follow the prompts.

Edit - scratch that....

You should have an application file - setup.exe - and it should be about 416 KB in size.  Looks like yours is only 9 KB, so something's not right there.  In fact, all of those 9 KB files are incorrect.

Scott

Edited by tttocs

As the above post has suggested  a very corrupted download you got  there,  been a few issues from users  that have  downloaded it  from simmarket.  Suggest to contact  the site or  try  another  download  again  install it  in its own folder in your desktop  using  (WinRar or  another unzip  other  than your  default  one)  making sure you use admin rights  when installing  and install in it own root drive.   disable your avg  as well

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

hey guys,

I havent been able to solved the problem. SimMarket have said that this is not their issue, I then tried to contact REX directly and there is no support email what so ever on their website, at least what I saw (if so, please share it with me), plus they have a forum but is useless since it is not working. Any ideas on how to contact this product developer?

Thanks!

the forum has been working for  days plus you will find its simarket issue,  since  they sold  you the product,  you need to first be verified in the rexe  forum first,  by placing your order details so they know  you have a legally purchased product in this link

http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/15044-support-forum-verification/

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Yea  just noticed your post hopefully you should get  a reply,   you could try using  another  download manager  to download  the file  again and  use  WinRar to   unzip it, since your not the only  one  with this issue in downloading  files

Peter kelberg

hi Pete,

I finally work by changing the download manager.... I shared my experience in the REX forum, as this is something REX should try to optimize more, specially for new users.

Thanks a lot for your support!

no problems although they have said this  from the beginning   not to use  the default download manager, anyways the main thing you got it working  :Applause:

Peter kelberg

Hi guys, I have exactly the same problem - purchased through SimMarket - downloaded several times (via Google Chrome) using different severs. No dime. I will now try a download manager..

Frankly i dont understand why Rex cant provide a store on thier own website.