Sign in to follow this  
macpilot

A2A C172 and Prepar3d 2.1 Question

I would like to purchase the A2A C 172 for PD 2.1 but I'm concerned that it won't work right. Can I get some input from this forum.

Thanks in advance to all who reply.

Bill

Some reported it works and others reported it doesn't so it seems no one can guarantuee it will work. Main problem here is that so far A2A has not officially supported P3D v2. The latest core update (1.6) is P3D v2 compatible but they haven't really dealt with any of the existing problems the C172 has with P3D 2. So if you buy it and you have problems, you are out of luck, I am afraid.

I have to add that on my PC the A2A works fine. But again, no guarantees.

Interestingly enough, I have it working fine in v1.4, it never worked at all in v2.0 and, believe it or not, it works like a charm in v2.1, except, I have no aircraft or A2A generated sound.  Other sounds in the sim are OK.

Anybody have any idea what I might do?  Also posted this on A2A forum but not response as yet?  Love the C172 and am itching to be able to fly it in v2.1. :)

For me, everything in the A2A C172 works, except for the 3d lighting, even if I enable it with the v1.6 updater, it's just not doing anything, the lights light up, but they're dim, and have no coronas.

Disabling the 3d lighting (which in fairness is the default for both FSX and P3D now) works fine I just preferred the 3d lighting (which always has worked fine for me in FSX, but doesn't for everyone).

I purchased A2A's C172 just a few weeks ago, and it worked perfectly in P3D2.0 (as long as you unchecked mipmap VC).  I also own A2A's Piper Cub and it also worked perfectly in v.2.0.

But P3D v.2.1 introduced a whole slew of incompatibility issues for many third party addons, including many of A2A's aircraft. I reported this in another thread, and the following is just a copy and paste from what I previously wrote:

"but in v.2.1, I've been noticing all sorts of issues lately (most of which I initially missed). After completing a successful short flight, where the aircraft was in 'excellent' condition; the next time that I fire up P3D and load the C172, it will sometimes be in much worse condition (once the prop was damaged, once the engine needed a complete overhaul).  Sometimes its beacon works ... sometimes it doesn't (and it is the times when it doesn't work that I find that damage has mysteriously occurred, while my C172 was parked). I've also noticed that when the beacon doesn't work, that my Saitek X52 is not longer listed as my controller ... AND then I get stutters (the ONLY time I have experienced any stutters with v.2.1 is when my A2A's C172's beacon is not working).

Also A2A's Piper Cub no longer has any prop animation with v.2.1 (and it worked perfectly with v.2.0.  When I reported these issues to A2A, I was told that it was P3D's problem, and to report them to LM. When I reported these issues to LM, they have so far been totally ignored."

One problem is that A2A is not yet willing to officially support Prepar3D  ... so any customer support for using an A2A product in P3D has been very limited (generally they just tell you to report the problem to LM).  When A2A's Cessna was released, I instantly wanted this aircraft, but I initially decided to wait until A2A officially supported P3D.  But after using A2A's Piper Cub in P3D2 with no issues at all (and hearing that there was only a minor issue with the C172, which was easily bypassed), I decided that I didn't want to wait any longer.  And I was VERY happy with the Cessna in P3D ... until v.2.1 introduced a bunch of new compatibility problems. Now I wish I had waited.  Selecting A2A's C172 for a P3D v.2.1 flight is like rolling a dice ... sometimes it works fine, and sometimes it doesn't.  

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Thanks to all,

I think I'll wait for a fully supported product from A2A. Are there any fully supported C172 or similar products for P3d v2.1?

Bill

Thanks to all,

I think I'll wait for a fully supported product from A2A. Are there any fully supported C172 or similar products for P3d v2.1?

Bill

Great question. I would also like to know.

Sion

I am using the Alabeo C172RG Cutlass 2. It appears to be working very well in P3Dv2.1 

Have A2A hinted at full Prepar3D compatibility yet, or do they still insist that Lockheed Martin fix all the incompatibilities?

They teach you how to fool the A2A installer by pointing to P3D and letting it think it's FSX. But I would also like to have an installer with both options, that would mean in my opinion that they're officially supporting P3D.

Alexis Mefano

...........Are there any fully supported C172 or similar products for P3d v2.1?

Bill

Is anything being made as an add-on that is designed to work for P3Dv2/2.1 yet? Maybe developers are waiting for the sim to be more stabilized? Maybe it's a pricing thing still to be determined?

Having gone through many new sims over the 220 years I have been simming, and most new sims have had a delay between release and addons being developed.....

Thanks, Bruce.

Is anything being made as an add-on that is designed to work for P3Dv2/2.1 yet?

There's the Orbx RV4 and the Iris J160.

http://fullterrain.com/product_vansrv4.html

http://www.irissimulations.com.au/ols/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=10&products_id=23

Both do V2.0.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

They teach you how to fool the A2A installer by pointing to P3D and letting it think it's FSX. But I would also like to have an installer with both options, that would mean in my opinion that they're officially supporting P3D.

But are they really supporting it when they say that any incompatibilities have to be fixed by Lockheed Martin?