Sign in to follow this  
NAVRAD

Audio 5:1 Speakers

Hello all

I have 5:1 speakers connected to a sub-woofer. I'm posting here about this because I think this may be an FS issue. Testing the speakers they all work as they should

and if  play music they are all ok, but in FS only two ever work.

I have tried various settings in windows/sound and Realtek audio manager but nothing seems to cure it. When selecting flaps for example, the cockpit sounds fade momentarily until the flaps are set. This is the case

with other sounds i.e landing gear retract/extend etc.

If anybody has any ideas how I can get them all to work I'd be grateful if you would share them with me. Thank you. (I have checked all connections)! FSX SP1 & 2

Regards

Alan W

I would think FSX is designed with simple audio outputs. You just may not be able to get more than 2 channels out of the 5.1 unless you can set all speakers to output the same thing.

You certainly won't get surround sound, but I love the idea!

Thanks eyeqew

I sort of had a feeling that might be the case! Oh well back to monotone

Cheers

Alan

Thanks eyeqew

I sort of had a feeling that might be the case! Oh well back to monotone

Cheers

Alan

I wouldn't give up so easily, because the previous answer is not entirely correct.  I don't want to debate whether FSX is technically "5.1 Surround Sound", but it most certainly supports separate sounds for more than two speakers.  It doesn't work on all planes, because some developers decided otherwise, but that's ashame, since once one hears it, I don't know why anyone would want anything else. 

Any default plane will produce sounds from a 5.1 speaker set up.

Yes, FSX is a 5.1 sound program.

The reduction in sound volumes is from settings on your sound card control panel. It goes by different names, but sound equalization is one of them.

What about NGX? I seem to lose engine sounds as soon as I try and go 5.1. Not sure why. Wayne.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

What about NGX? I seem to lose engine sounds as soon as I try and go 5.1. Not sure why. Wayne.

Could possibly be that you just have some of your speakers plugged into the wrong jack.

This is happening to me as well.  The only fix I have seen is to set your speaker setup to stereo instead of 5.1.....seems to have fixed the issue for me so far.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11