Sign in to follow this  
1st fltsimguy

Old Computer WIn7 vs New Computer Win8

I have a three year old PC my computer specs should be listed in the sidebar.

I am thinking of getting a new PC, don't want to build my own but do what a higher end processor, graphics card looking to move into P3D v2+ with DX10.11.

Shopping around I see they all come with WIN8.  I do not want Win8, I want Win7.

Does anyone know how I can get new PC and get Win7 instead of Win8.  I don't want to pay for a setup to Win7 on a new computer, if I can even get a copy.

Regards;

Bryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Just buy a copy of Windows 7 and install it on your new PC. Ebay has plenty for sale cheap.

That way you can always install a fresh OS if you have any issues going forward.

Nobody knows if FSX will even run properly on Windows 9 when it is released, having a Windows 7 disk is well worth it.

I'm running FSX on W8.1 right now on my new laptop, but my main rig has Win7 on it and I will not be upgrading, that's for sure.

It is a pain if you're not very PC literate to change OS and stuff like that. Some new Systems have Win7 available for them so ask the company you want to buy it from.

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!