Sign in to follow this  
Capt. PERO

SIMstarter for FSX and PREPAR3D (formerly FSXstarter)

I’ve worked “several hours” together with Günter Steiner to release version 2.0 of FSXstarter soon. A lot of feedback and wishes of FSXstarter users have been realized in that new version. I decided to rename “FSXstarter” to “SIMstarter” because the new version will be capable for FSX and PREPAR3D v2.x.

The most important feature in my mind is SIMstarter will recognize, if any changes “outside of SIMstarter” has been done in fsx.cfg or prepar3d.cfg. With the new “Diff Manager” you can decide if you’d like to import these changes to your MasterProfile or ignore it. That will help to stay the Master of your configuration files.

New Features and Improvements:

• Compatible with FSX and Prepare3D v2
  • New program logic with “Masterprofile” - define one Masterprofile and at the other profiles just changes related to that MasterProfile. The “FSX Configuration” Tab is fully redesigned. It will show you in every Profile if a variable is set at Masterprofile or not. You can set it to FSX Default or back to MasterProfile value. That makes configuration very easy…
  • A new Diff Manager shows all changes that have been done by “external programs” outside of SIMstarter. For example if you install IVAO or VATSIM which change your configuration files, SIMstarter becomes aware of that shows a dialog were you can add these changes to your Masterprofile or ignore them.
  • Up to 9 profiles are possible now!
  • New SceneryManager - allows you to configure individual ScenerySets to assign them to one or several Profiles. The new SceneryManager shows very easily if a Scenery is Active or Inactive at the MasterProfile.
  • LiveryManager shows Helicopters as well
  • New FSX Config allows to configure EVERY Settings of FSX (including General, Reality and Sound Tabs) and a lot of Tweaks preconfigured
  • TextManager allows very easy to configure [TextInfo] or [slewTextInfo]. It was never that easy…
  • SimObjects can be defined very easy for every profile
  • Individual SplashScreens can be defined for every Profile. You can add your Favorite SplashScreen too.
  • You can easily clear the [Trusted] Section of your fsx.cfg by Click…
  • An individual Text Editor can be defined to edit your config file
  • To migrate your existing FSXstarter Profiles I created an MigrationTool
  • SIMstarter Window can be resized now
  • …and some things that I forgot! ;O)

We are currently doing a lot of BETA Tests and graphic “improvements” therefor Screenshots are missing…
I hope that we can release v2.0 of SIMstarter during March 2014…

You'll find News at my website http://aviation.pero-online.de

Regards,

pero

• Upvote 3

: : : aviation.pero-online.de
Developer of SIMstarter NG P3D & Homecockpit Builder

First Screenshots and GoogleEarth Export

In Addition to all planned and implemented features at the list above, we will launch a GoogleEarth Export too. With this export you can show all your AddOn Scenery in GoogleEarth. But there is still some finetuning for me left...

I decided to implement a "Donate" Button. So you can donate and I would appriciate it but you must not. ;O)
Many hours of development have been passed to create this new version.

Thank you to Günter Steiner who helped a lot bringing this new version to that new level...

Screenshots

thumbs_googleearthexport_01.png thumbs_simstarter_01.png thumbs_simstarter_14.png thumbs_simstarter_02.png thumbs_simstarter_03.png thumbs_simstarter_04.png thumbs_simstarter_05.png thumbs_simstarter_06.png

thumbs_simstarter_07.png thumbs_simstarter_08.png thumbs_simstarter_09.png thumbs_simstarter_10.png thumbs_simstarter_11.png thumbs_simstarter_12.png thumbs_simstarter_13.png

Major changes compared to FSXstarter:

• Configuration
    The logic of SIMstarter is completly redesigned. We decided to work with ONE Masterprofile which should contain all your major changes which are capable for most profiles. If you want another LOD_RADIUS for your VFR Flights just switch to profile02 and make your changes compared to the MasterConfig. Changes will be shown orange to make clear, that it variates from the MasterProfil and for a better overview.

• SceneryManager
    The SceneryManager can be run out of "Tools" Menu. You can create multiple ScenerySets and assign them to one or more profile. I personal used multiple profiles for VFR but only one ScenerySet for VFR. Thats the reason why I changed that.

• SplashScreen's
    SIMstarter shows a SplashScreen of your current Profile when your SIM starts. After that start it changes the SplashScreen (FSX LoadingScreen) back to FSXdefault. You are able to set your own designed SplashScreen or use the two Sets which are included (e.g. VFR, IFR, IVAO or VATSIM)

• DiffManager
    If an "external program" outside of SIMstarter changes your fsx.cfg the DIffManager becomes aware of that and shows this change, next time SIMstarter is started. You can decide if you would like to Add changes to your MasterProfile, Ignore them or just decide later what to do with that change. 

• Additional a lot of tools were improved and we include a GoogleEarth Export and for sure Compatablity for  PREPAR3D v2.x...

Regards,
pero

SIMstarter Version 2.0 released!

More information and download can be found at my website:

http://aviation.pero-online.de/

It would be nice if you could leave me feedback and donate for my project.

Regards,

pero

Maybe it’s a good idea to let you know what is planned in future to improve SIMstarter. This is not my home job, it’s just a hobby so please don’t be afraid if announcements are changing or timeline won’t be hit.

SIMstarter Roadmap can be found on my website.

Hi, I was using your FSXStarter V1 without problems, but I have donloaded V2.1.01 and when i want to open the profile configuration, I get an Aplication exception with this text:
************** Texto de la excepción **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: El valor de ’0′ no es válido para ‘Value’. ‘Value’ debería estar entre ‘Minimum’ y ‘Maximum’.
Nombre del parámetro: Value
en System.Windows.Forms.TrackBar.set_Value(Int32 value)
en SIMstarter.SIMstarter_Configuration_Form.set_TrackBar(String value_String)
en SIMstarter.SIMstarter_Configuration_Form.easyConfigFSX_setLabel(List`1 config_List)
en SIMstarter.SIMstarter_Configuration_Form.load_easyConfigFSX()
en SIMstarter.SIMstarter_Configuration_Form.currentProfile_ComboBox_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
en System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
en System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
en SIMstarter.SIMstarter_Start_Form.profileSettings_Button_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
en System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
en System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
en System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
en System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
en System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
en System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
en System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
en System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
en System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
en System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam).

How can I solve this problem, because this tool is, for me, very usuful.
thks a lot in advance.

Hi Albert,

have you used the "FSXstarterProfileImport.exe" to import your FSXstarter profiles to SIMstarter?

SIMstarter is a complete new software approach - therefore users of FSXstarter can "migrate" their FSXstarter profiles to SIMstarter.

Please to a update installation as descriped in my SIMstarter Manual at page 3 (1.4.3 Update from FSXstarter v1.1)

If this doesn't work. Send me an email. We will fix that! ;O)

Regards,

peter

If i try and edit a profile, or the master profile. I get this..

2tAbRCYS.png

http://pasteboard.co/2tAbRCYS.png

Hi Martyn,

thank you for using SIMstarter and your post. That just meens, that your UsePools Variable has no Value.

Example:

[BUFFERPOOLS]
UsePools=

To solve this issue, just give that variable a value. "0" if you would don't like to UsePools or "1" if you would like to UsePools. You can easily define that in "Profile Configuration" > "Profile01" > "FSX Configuration" > "Tweaks"

SIMstarter_BufferPools.PNG

I did a small improvement for upcomming v2.2. It shows the FSX-Default value in that dialog now. ;O)

Hope that works for you!

Regards,

peter

Hi Peter,

That was my guess from the error message. The problem is the error dialogue box comes up, and if you click ok, it just repeats, and repeats, and repeats...

So I cant actually get any input to that screen. The value in my fsx.cfg file does have a value by the way.

Can I edit the SimStarter file manually somewhere?

Thanks,

--

Martyn Pearson

Hi Peter,

That was my guess from the error message. The problem is the error dialogue box comes up, and if you click ok, it just repeats, and repeats, and repeats...

So I cant actually get any input to that screen. The value in my fsx.cfg file does have a value by the way.

Can I edit the SimStarter file manually somewhere?

Thanks,

Hi Martyn,

okay, sorry. That seems to be caused, because not default value was predefined at SIMstarter. You can do it manually by editing .\Userprofiles\FSXprofile01_sim.cfg and change UsePools= to UsePools=0.

Otherwise please send me a PM with your email adress and I would like to send you the current "PreFinal" Version auf SIMstarter where this issue is fixed. ;O)

Regards,

peter

Hi Peter,

Thank you! Just found that file and it working.

Likely not the place - but I think this program is great, really good for testing new settings to get the best out of FSX.

A feature I would love to see is in the "Startdefinition" tab, a check box that allows you to check "Prompt for Aircraft / Airport / Gate" so that when I click stat on the profile, it loads straight to the gate with my aircraft waiting.

I guess you could use a saved flight, but this would require lots of versions, and some payware don't like them.

Thanks anyway - great work!

• Upvote 1

--

Martyn Pearson

Likely not the place - but I think this program is great, really good for testing new settings to get the best out of FSX.

A feature I would love to see is in the "Startdefinition" tab, a check box that allows you to check "Prompt for Aircraft / Airport / Gate" so that when I click stat on the profile, it loads straight to the gate with my aircraft waiting.

I guess you could use a saved flight, but this would require lots of versions, and some payware don't like them.

Thanks anyway - great work!

Thank you very much. This is on roadmap but not that easy to implement (therefore no timeline)... ;O)

Version 2.2 build 01 is out now!

• Features
    • XML Manager to manage DLL.XML and EXE.XML Profiles [added 23.04.2014]
    • JUMPstart to start a profile in combination with a saved flight without Simulator Startup Screen [added 24.04.2014]
      • Select Local time
      • Show Aircraft position in GoogleEarth
  • Bugfixes
    • Sim won’t start if “Backup option” is not set [added 02.05.2014]
    • Default value will be shown in dialog if value is missing [added 29.04.2014]
    • General: Comments in fsx.cfg/prepar3d.cfg won’t be cut by SIMstarter any more [added 28.04.2014]
    • P3D – Shadow Sliders does not work [added 23.04.2014]
    • Program settings – Path definition P3D Files [added 23.04.2014]

Download and Screenshots can be found here:

http://aviation.pero-online.de

• Upvote 2