Sign in to follow this  
Capt. PERO

SIMstarter for FSX and PREPAR3D (formerly FSXstarter)

Any chance you could add P3D v1.4 compatibility? 

Sorry, for the late reply... ;O)

Making SIMstarter compatible for P3D v1.4 would cause a redesign of the software. I am sorry, but so far I will look forward to FSX and Prepar3Dv2.

I am very sorry...

: : : aviation.pero-online.de
Developer of SIMstarter NG P3D & Homecockpit Builder

keep up the good work Pero :clapping:

we love your work; i advise all my customers to use SimStarter

SimStarter and SceneryConfigEditor are a MUST!

the only two external tools i trust

everything else, i batch

keep up the good work Pero :clapping:

we love your work; i advise all my customers to use SimStarter

SimStarter and SceneryConfigEditor are a MUST!

the only two external tools i trust

everything else, i batch

Thank you very much! Thank you for that wonderful Feedback!!!

v2.3 is on the way - just have to do the french translation... *grrr*

With great pleasure Pero,

you’ve done amazing work with SIMstarter; you deserve every bit of credit

as my personal thank you

for doing such a wonderful job and supporting our community for free

your welcome to any of my NE regions, my treat!

+1 on the great work. It's a excellent program and is perfect when you have various aircraft. I am able to set one profile for slow and low aircraft, then another for my PMDG 777 that needs various scenery items turned off for VAS reasons. I have different setups for each aircraft, with a saved situation set, my Cessna now does not start at Heathrow airport next to B747 where I start my B777.

One thing I did note is that it does not work with SHADE by Mogwaisoft. Before SimStarter I would start shade then that would automatically start FSX. I tried setting Simstarter to start SHADE instead of FSX but then FSX crashes. So I am left with either start FSX with SHADE or Simstarter. I have tried with just a default setting and no changes to any files.

After a shaky start for me this has turned out to be the add on of the year. Support is 1st class as well, keep up the good work Pero!

ZORAN

+1 on the great work. It's a excellent program and is perfect when you have various aircraft. I am able to set one profile for slow and low aircraft, then another for my PMDG 777 that needs various scenery items turned off for VAS reasons. I have different setups for each aircraft, with a saved situation set, my Cessna now does not start at Heathrow airport next to B747 where I start my B777.

One thing I did note is that it does not work with SHADE by Mogwaisoft. Before SimStarter I would start shade then that would automatically start FSX. I tried setting Simstarter to start SHADE instead of FSX but then FSX crashes. So I am left with either start FSX with SHADE or Simstarter. I have tried with just a default setting and no changes to any files.

Hi Craig,

I remember to another simmer which had the same problem. You could try:

1. Remove "fsx.exe" from every SIMstarter profile > (in "Startdefinition")
  2. Add "Shade.exe" to every Startconfiguration and order it to the bottom

Start SIMstarter for every flight...

What will happen? SIMstarter does all the SIMstarter-Stuff, than starting Shade. Shade will do the Shade-Stuff and start the simulator.

That sould solve your problem... ;O)

Hi Pero,

Thanks for your suggestion, however that was the first thing I tried, knowing that Shade does start FSX. It still crashes.

Thanks for your suggestion, however that was the first thing I tried, knowing that Shade does start FSX. It still crashes.

hmm, that's strange... "After SIMstarter" would be the same state like the simulator has been terminated with that settings. Could you please try, running SIMstarter "as Administrator"?

Please send me the ".\Userprofiles" directory as a zipped file and maybe a screenshot of the "Windows Error log". You'll find my email adress at "About" in SIMstarter.

...hope we can find the root cause ;O)

Congratulations for this beautifull piece of sotware: it's really usefull.

I also find very interesting the GoogleEarth Export function and I would like to suggest an improvement if possible: I think it could be interesting to have also the name of the developer together with the airport name.

Keep going on.