Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dash80

A few questions before buying the T-37

Guest secks

From what I've read, the MicroSimulator T-37 is top notch. However, I am concerned with two things:1) Is the virtual cockpit fully-clickable?2) I've heard that their T-37 taxis even when at idle power. Is this true? Can it be fixed?Carl

It does taxi @ idle power. Not sure if real a/c does, it may if given a little "boost" with throttle then throttling back to idle but not sure.Also, I do not know how to "fix" it if it is a problem, but someone surely may know how around here?EDIT: VC is NOT fully clickable, at least not all the functions like starting engines, etc. It has a pretty nice menu system you can use toward the top of the screen though.**I did notice the stall speed seems to be unrealisticly low, like almost 40 knots or less? I just can't seem to stall her upon landing. That really spoiled the experience for me, and I have since wrote it off as another buyer beyware product. Maybe I am way off here but just my thoughts/impressions.

Guest prichards

I would hold off until they have a patch so it will run on the FS9.1 patch! My T-37 crashes FS9.1

Hi thereI have the T-37 and it runs fine on 9.1 and does not seem to taxi on idle it will if you blip the throttle then pull it back to idle though , I keep the brakes on till i am ready to depart.It is a nice addon with a lot of realism but today is probably 5 dollars overpriced. If i lost it i would probably buy it again because i like the Tweet

Hi Carl,In response to your questions:1. The VC is not fully clickable, even in the 2d cockpit the engine start sequence is done with a single switch and the copilot talks through the rest of the procedure (this is done because starting a real tweet is a two hand operation where timing is very critical, the sim can't support this and since it is used unofficially for training purposes they didn't want to teach any bad habits from the sim). There is an update in the works that will add clickspots to the VC as well as some other cosmetic enhancements.2. The Tweet uses an older turbojet engine, these produce more residual thrust at idle than newer high-bypass fanjet designs. Use the brakes and you will learn how to ground handle a Tweet.Here is a link to some performance stats: http://www.cessnawarbirds.com/book/excerpt.../ch9-specs.htmlIn response to a post further down about stall speed, you will see from the above link that stall speed when at lighter weights is 60 knots and at 85% power this drops even further to 56 knots, when in ground effect a straight wing aircraft such as this will tend to float and have an even slower stall speed. It is recommended that you land with the speed brake extended to help bleed off speed.Hope this helps,Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Thanks for that tip, Zane! I knew I might have been doing something wrong or similar situation. I apalogize to those who read into my post thinking the FM was off- I admit I didn't read the manual fully. It truely is a great aircraft and if anyone ever has a chance to get into one of the training AFB (Shepphard AFB, Wichita Falls TX) you gotta see them (well more or less HEAR them) its an experience you would not soon forget :) I wouldn't make a special trip there- but if you're in the neighborhood ...

"...and since it is used unofficially for training purposes they didn't want to teach any bad habits from the sim)."This is a point everyone should keep in mind, especially before being critical of the flight dynamics. This model was build by real pilots of the real 'Tweet' for their own unofficial training purposes. It was never part of their initial plans to release this model to the general public at all!If there's anyone in the world who should know how a 'Tweet' flies, it would have to be the training cadre... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest secks

Thanks for the information, everyone. Any idea of when that update is coming? The www.t37sim.com forums look quite dead! I hope that doesn't go for the update as well ..Carl

Guest dave1812dave

I've heard PLENTY of tweety birds back "in the day". I used to wear ear plugs, PLUS the over the ear "Mickey Mouse" ear muffs, and I still developed a 1 year+ bout of tinnitus, from my stint at Bien Hoa. Those birds have such a high pitched sound that nothing stops the noise when you are standing literally 3 feet from the intake. Taxiing in one is enough to jar your kidneys loose. :)

The forum used to be quite active, then they had some server problems a few months ago and lost everything. As the word gets around it should start to pick up again.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest Dash80

The forum is working again.The update is coming along nicely. The VC will be alot nicer.