Sign in to follow this  
tamsini

Wondering about the next Prepar3d-only aircraft

So with the latest 2.1 version of Prepar3d finally out, I'm wondering when and which developers will start releasing P3D-only aircraft. without having to make concessions to having them work alongside FSX.

Now I know there has been alot of pros and cons with this v2.1 but I still feel it is finally ready to take over from FSX. We are all probably still keeping FSX on our systems because of the hundreds (or thousands) of dollars we have invested for addons.

I, for one, am looking forward to that first aircraft that will come out with P3D and only P3D in mind, without worrying that some feature may not work because of the aforementioned concessions. I am pretty tired of workarounds to make things work in P3D so let's get this show on the road, shall we?

Mario Di Lauro

The Milvitz Metro liner is a lot of fun trying to tame. Harder and more challenging than my PMDG "push my buttons and fly me" tubeliners.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

The Milvitz Metro liner is a lot of fun trying to tame. Harder and more challenging than my PMDG "push my buttons and fly me" tubeliners.

I don't doubt it - but it is not a 100% P3D-only aircraft addon. That's what I am truly looking forward to.

Mario Di Lauro

Oh my misunderstanding. I thought there was a difference between the two versions. Duh!! Misunderstood the developer again!

The next "P3D only" airplane we won't know anything about... I doubt it would be for sale.

A P3D only for the community would be a long ways off, as 3pd still have too much of an investment in the FSX clientele to turn their backs on them and go only with P3D. IMO, of course.

Milviz Bell 407 will be available in two different versions. One for FSX, already on the market and one for P3D v2 available soon.

Spirit

The assertion by Airdailyx that the Razbam Metroliner is P3D only, was an error. Its available for P3D and FSX.

Well, that is good news for FSX'ers

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

I don't doubt it - but it is not a 100% P3D-only aircraft addon. That's what I am truly looking forward to.

But why? It would do both the developers and the userbase harm. The majority are still using FSX.

If you can use Prepar3D 2.1 without problems, that doesn't mean it's working correctly for everyone. There are many who tried Prepar3D and went back to FSX because of the issues.

If the developer use the new possibilities of P3D v2 which are not available in FSX for a new FDE then it must be a P3D v2 only aircraft. At least wih a double installer which generate two different add-ons.

Spirit

P3Dv2 MDL files differ from previous P3D MDL files at the compilation stage and are not backwards compatible for use in FSX.

There are other considerations which makeup a v2 project that differs greatly from an FSX so called "portover" vs "native" MDLs.

Many developers already are testing FSX projects in P3D v2/2.1 with varying results.

The challenge is similar to the old FS9 "portovers" until it reached the point of so called "native" FSX MDLs.

For these reasons, Eaglesoft has chosen to delay P3D releases of any type until we satisfy the requirements for true P3Dv2 and later .

Pricing will be in accordance with the above requirements and releases will be as separate and distinct products rather than FSX "portovers" .

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

- but it is not a 100% P3D-only aircraft addon. That's what I am truly looking forward to.

Actually this is not quite correct.  Razbam has developed two different versions of the Metroliner III, one for FSX and one for P3D2.  The latter is to my knowledge a "100% P3D2 only aircraft addon"..  I own both of them, and there are definite differences between the two aircraft.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

Actually this is not quite correct.  Razbam has developed two different versions of the Metroliner III, one for FSX and one for P3D2.  The latter is to my knowledge a "100% P3D2 only aircraft addon"..  I own both of them, and there are definite differences between the two aircraft.

Would you say that the P3D version is better, the same or inferior? I'm trying to get a sense on how P3D-only aircraft will behave.

Mario Di Lauro

Would you say that the P3D version is better, the same or inferior?

Sorry to say that I have flown the P3D2 version mostly, and have very little flight time in the FSX version, and so I am not in a position to answer your question.  I assume there are flight dynamics differencies, but haven't detected any.  I also have not noticed any functionality differences in the cockpit systems, but  nave noticed that the EHSI screen is nearly black in the P3D2 version, grey in the FSX version.  I questioned this in the Razbam forum and got the following response:

'The lighter background is because both FSX and P3D have different ways to depict colors. In both FSX and P3D the color black is actually transparent. In order to give a dark, non transparent, background I have to use a RGB color that is not quite black. Since P3D handles graphics differently from FSX, that RGB color is depicted differently between the sims. The P3D color is the "true" one'

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049