Sign in to follow this  
sionalford

EZDOK help with P3D 2.1

Hello all,

Did a fresh install of 2.1 on a new Windows 7 install. Had an extra SSD and started with everything new.

P3D works great but will not properly install EZDOK. I got FSUIPC to work, not problems.

Here is how I installed:

Opened Migrator.

Updated Migrator.

Started Migrator

Installed EZDOK.

Installed 1.6 Update.

Installed 1.7 Update.

Placed EZDOK.exe P3D beta version in EZDOK program folder as directed.

When I run EZDOK Configurator, it can't find world views and doesn't update current P3D airplane.cfg files.

When I run P3D, no EZDOK in add-ons window, just FSUIPC.

I copied the portion of the exe.xml that contains the EZDOK from an install of FSX (on another drive) to the exe.xml in the roaming P3D folder as suggested on this forum: http://www.simforums.com/forums/ezdok-and-prepar3d_topic40274_page2.html.

Thanks for your help.

Sion

You will find EZDock has an issue with Global cameras and the aircraft.cfg. If you are not seeing the entry in your ADD ONs menu of P3D, you may have the Simconnect problem....try loading the FSX Simconnect from these locations:

\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP1\retail\lib
\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib

Hello Will,

I've used EZDoc in v1.4, 2.0, and now 2.1 - Never had a problem before BUT, I have noticed in v2.1, even after importing my cameras, I can go to certain views (that used to work), and I have

I guess "Global" - Just a pic of earth with cross-hairs. I've never used Global Cameras before and don't think I will.

I do "not" have an ADD ONs folder in P3D and don't understand "try loading the FSX Simconnect from these locations" - I do have both locations that you've referenced.

What / how / do I need to accomplish this?

Thanks so much,

Tom

Ah oj Tom, I thought you could not see the Ezdock menu. The Global cameras from ezdock in P3D2.1 are not working, only the internal cockpit views.

Sent from my Mobile thing

You will find EZDock has an issue with Global cameras and the aircraft.cfg. If you are not seeing the entry in your ADD ONs menu of P3D, you may have the Simconnect problem....try loading the FSX Simconnect from these locations:

\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP1\retail\lib

\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib

Thank you Will. 

I will give this a try.

Sion