Sign in to follow this  
Guest Speed

Computer Pilot Magazine

Guest Dan CYKA

Got my CD with my Computer Pilot magazine. Geez I love that rag. Anyways, has anybody else noticed that the glue used to stick the CD to the mag takes off the nice glossy finish?Kind of a bummer when you consider them a collectors item.

Guest JDH

What did you get on the CD? Waiting for a copy with CD to appear in the UK!!

Guest drobson

That's a "collectors" item? Mine's collecting dust at the moment. :) It's a nice gesture, but I've not seen anything on it that I want/need. Maybe the next one will have something though.Maximum PC did that some time back. Couldn't find anything there that I wanted either. Maybe I'm just to fussy!Anyway, it is a pretty decent sales pitch.Darrell

Guest Lindy

What I thought was nice was that the magazine did not increase in price to cover the cost of the additional CD. Of course, that may change in the future (probably will), but for now it's a true freebie. Actually there wasn't anything on this CD that I wanted (and did not already have) either. I get the mag every month.... eventually they'll put something on there I'd like to try. :-hah-Lindy :-wave

Guest drobson

I think the subscription price went up a couple of months or so before the CD thing started didn't it? I seem to remember less as I get older! ;)Anyway, it is still a great mag.Darrell

Guest Dan CYKA

Not the CD Darrell, the mag. I consider the mag as a collectors item. It just bugged me that the glossy finish on the cover comes off from the glue.Call me fussy...*:-*

Guest drobson

Oh, I was confused! But, my mag comes in a paper envelope, and the CD was just tucked inside the mag. They must be using different shipping methods in different locations.Darrell

Guest Speed

Mine wasnt glued on either. Didnt find the CD of any use, love the mag though.Speed.