Sign in to follow this  
Iceman2

AI Traffic Strobe Lights Fix

Sorry, but as you can see below, there is no such standard beacon_l effect file, neither schockwave nor default p3dv2 effect files. At least in my installation I can't find it.. So could you please be more specific what you mean with standard beacon_l. Or is there sth wrong with my installation.

Harry http://s920.photobucket.com/user/HarryMX/media/beaconeffectfiles_zpsb19b1d98.jpg.html]

I see why you may be confused from my post. I overwrote the standard fx_beacon.fx , fx_beacon_b.fx and fx_beacon_h.fx with the fx_shockwave_beacon_l.fx file.

I see why you may be confused from my post. I overwrote the standard fx_beacon.fx , fx_beacon_b.fx and fx_beacon_h.fx with the fx_shockwave_beacon_l.fx file.

I am very sorry Captain. But as I already stated, there is no such a fx_shockwave_beacon_l.fx file, only fx_shockwave_beaconb_l.fx and fx_shockwave_beaconh_l.fx files an some others do exist. So which file did you really use?

Cheers,

Harry

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

hello!

i have used the shockwave lights as you have said. Its very good, they have help me to see alittle bit more near the ai traffic lights, but still they are not as far as when we could see them in fsx. no red-green nav lights, and no strobe effects from more than 5 km? (more or less).

when i opened the "fx" files i could put radius=-1 but prepar3d dont listen this and ignore it...

it must be a value, easyto change, that makes the lisght of ai traffic become as in fsx.

i wish i was a developer!:)

I am very sorry Captain. But as I already stated, there is no such a fx_shockwave_beacon_l.fx file, only fx_shockwave_beaconb_l.fx and fx_shockwave_beaconh_l.fx files an some others do exist. So which file did you really use?

Sorry - I finally had a chance to get on my computer.

You are correct, there is no fx_shockwave_beacon_l.fx, just fx_shockwave_beacon.fx. This is the file I used as the beacon light to replace all the beacons - standard,, high and below. 

There reason I used it was the high and below lights seem to be cut in half and the fx_shockwave_beacon.fx brightens things up. 

The beacon lights I used to overwrite the stock:

overwrite fx_beacon.fx with fx_shockwave_beacon.fx ( used for the standard beacon )

overwrite fx_beaconb.fx with fx_shockwave_beacon.fx  (used on aircraft for below beacon)

overwrite fx_beaconh.fx with fx_shockwave_beacon.fx (used on aircraft for high beacon)

I hope this helps...

In addition to the lack of strobe and navigation lights on AI planes in P3D, I have just noticed that the plane models themselves disappear shortly after take off (and way too close to the observer) in P3D v2.4. Is anyone else seeing this?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Christopher,

I share your pain. It is very lonely flying around in P3D. I really think LM made a conscious decision to reduce the impact of AI on the sim. I don't know exactly what they did...but while the aircraft are still there on paper, d----d if I can see many, if any, of them in the air.

Burkhard (developer of MyTraffic X) is working on a proper P3D v2 version of his program. Perhaps he can come up with a solution. I really believe though, that until LM is happy with the performance of their program, we will have to live with mostly empty looking skys.

Graham

In addition to the lack of strobe and navigation lights on AI planes in P3D, I have just noticed that the plane models themselves disappear shortly after take off (and way too close to the observer) in P3D v2.4. Is anyone else seeing this?

I was seeing that in FSX with UT2 but not in P3D where I can see them farther (and i don't use UT2 in P3D). 

This may or may not mean anything. I was at Friday Harbour (Harbor for my American brothers). An AI flight took off and I saw the strobes for about 4 minutes. It was a GA aircraft and I still don't see anything at night. Just wondering if it ties into anything others have seen.

Bump is right chad. Anyone got any ideas on this besides shockwave lights?

Orman

Orman

One thing I did before I used A2A was to find a payware aircraft in my hangar that had decent lights right "out-of-the-box" sort of speak.  I then copied/used their lights onto my AI.  That seemed to work as a good work around. 

Are you guys seeing the strobes and beacons flicker (can't think of another word other than strobe), real fast?  I had to cut the .fx files by 50% to slow them down to a more natural strobe effect.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Thanks for the response Clutch.  I do see the flicker of the strobe lights we the AI is very close to me (IE when AI is rolling out after landing) but I don't think I've seen a strobe light yet.  I will give your suggestion a try!  

Orman

hello. i have same problem. Prepar3d v2.4. strobe lights dissapear after 10-15 km of distance. (not 80 km like in fsx). Tried A2A and lights were better, but no more intense in the distance. i have discovered that night lights of aiships are processed diferente in P32. and you can see ships very very far from cockpit view. so...hmaybe there we can find a solution:)

I don't see strobe or navigation lights on my AI planes at all in P3D.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png