Sign in to follow this  
PlainandSimplePaints

EFB

In my opinion the best EFB and more realistic is an IPAD at least that is how pilots use it. Itis pretty unconfortable to use an EFB into a VC. For more realism for me it is better to have all charts on an ipad. The more i hope the EFB dont need more resources and lower frame and make VAS increase too much..Just to have something useless..

RSR said they do not want to make it because it's too expensive (I believe 1800$/month), and they do not want to make one like CS did.

I think they don't want to make performance calculator neither, so the only option is to pay for 3rd party software (which, btw, do not support T7).

(...) just do what Captain Sim did and have us import our own.

I prefer a freeware pdf reader; it keeps me from converting pdf's into jpg's all the time. That's what I would have to do with the CS "picture viewer".   :P

I already have my charts on my iPad.  PMDG said they are looking into trying to find a more economic option for the charts because as was said, the costs would be too great to the user. Personally i would only use the EFB for takeoff/landing performance calculation with the option to send the derate and vspeeds to the FMC (i dunno if the real thing does this but that would be cool)

I think there needs to be a quiz on what EFBs are before people are allowed to ask questions about them.  I have a feeling if people knew what they were truly used for, they'd stop asking for them to be included in the VC.

Kyle Rodgers

I think there needs to be a quiz on what EFBs are before people are allowed to ask questions about them.  I have a feeling if people knew what they were truly used for, they'd stop asking for them to be included in the VC.

What's so wrong with performance calculator integrated into T7 cockpit (as irl), without costly charts and documentation?

Simple like this:

2w4mx00.jpg

What's so wrong with performance calculator integrated into T7 cockpit (as irl), without costly charts and documentation?

Simple like this:

It would be nice if such a thing could be included, but I suspect cost and data licensing restrictions might still be an issue.

ki9cAAb.jpg

The problem isn't the charts and documentation.

Licensing performance data is part of that $1800 figure Robert mentioned in the other thread...

(and as Kevin surmised)

Kyle Rodgers

im quite happy with aivlasoft's efb.

+1  Running mine on a separate laptop accessible during flight.  PFPX does all flight planning, Aivlasoft EFB for charts SIDS and STARS... I do not want anything added to the VC that will cause performance hit.

Norman Henderson

The problem isn't the charts and documentation.

Licensing performance data is part of that $1800 figure Robert mentioned in the other thread...

(and as Kevin surmised)

Ok, then I have to ask how flightsimsoft and aurasim (with significantly lower prices and incomes generally, I presume) can afford to pay that performance data?

Even better question, how flightsimsoft and simbrief (freeware) can afford cruise performance data? 

See it as an option that our "airline" operator PMDG did not order. Let's face it, it is not as if the plane is going to plummet out of the sky if we have no EFB.

Whatever the reason is, it is not coming. I am sure there was no problem with asking, but going on AFTER the post made by PMDG on this is just unnecessary and will only cause bad feeling. Let us leave it at that and move on.

So, when is the 300ER and Service Pack finally coming out???

Joke, he says, ducking for cover...

<\irony>

A

Andrew Entwistle

Ok, then I have to ask how flightsimsoft and aurasim (with significantly lower prices and incomes generally, I presume) can afford to pay that performance data?

Even better question, how flightsimsoft and simbrief (freeware) can afford cruise performance data? 

You're assuming they purchased Boeing data.

In reality, it's more like how the Russians were somehow able to come up with this:

Tu4.jpg

Boeing didn't get paid for that either...

(And no, I'm not saying what these people are doing is illegal - they're just inferring the data off of calculating the add-on's performance, and not paying to go directly to Boeing-sourced data.  It's the same way a lot of PFPX profiles are being created.)

Kyle Rodgers

(And no, I'm not saying what these people are doing is illegal - they're just inferring the data off of calculating the add-on's performance, and not paying to go directly to Boeing-sourced data.  It's the same way a lot of PFPX profiles are being created.)

If it's not illegal, what would stop PMDG to do the same?