Sign in to follow this  
PeteSome

AP Engage not possible after t/o

Hi there.

I recognised that sometimes there is no chance to engage AP at any modus after t/o. And during cruise still no chance to swicht AP on. Only thing that is working is A/T.

No difference in cockpit preparation from days , when it is working.

I also saw that no FD cross shows on display. But FD on captain side was switched on.

Waht can it be?

Peter

Not a legal copy, perhaps?

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

Not a legal copy, perhaps?

Why do people always jump to this conclusion? That's not even what happens with illegal copies of PMDG products anyway; usually the screens blank after 15 seconds so he wouldnt really have time to get into the air and try the autopilot anyway.

I had this exact problem and treated it like an emergency. I flew the jet manually and returned to the airport. I then re-read the manuals and had my "Aha moment". So as James suggested, sit back and read the manual.

Rob

Why do people always jump to this conclusion?

Not a conclusion. Did you miss the question mark? The first step in tracking down a problem(s) is eliminating the obvious.

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

Hi. I had a similar experience with A/P. It was due to a routine maintanance FAILURE and a simple removal of failures in the PMDG setup fixed it. 

Gabriel Myburgh

CHECK the alignment about the 2 engines, if is present too much difference You will never engage the AT.

Not a conclusion. Did you miss the question mark? The first step in tracking down a problem(s) is eliminating the obvious.

Eliminate the possible, not the impossible. Suggesting the OP has an illegal copy isn't helpful. There are more likely possibilities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ki9cAAb.jpg

Why do I bother...?

Out.

Tony K.

Maybe you have realisttic A/P engagement turned on. That means, if the aircraft is too unstable, you cannot engage A/P.

Have a quite similar problem: after several and precious minutes of setting zilions of buttons, if I save and reopen the fly later,I must make all settings again. Is it normal?