Sign in to follow this  
Guest wathomas777

Video Card purchase

in Brisbane Australia, besides gamedude and umart, does anyone know where i can get this video card from?its going for $350 at gamedude so im looking at the same price, i want to buy it but they say they are out of stock.LEADTEK WinFast A6600 GT TDH nVidia 6600GT 128meg DDR3 Video Card VGA DVI TV Out

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Try Surpass, they're at Taringa. They'd probably have to order it in. www.surpass.com.au Also try Computer Alliance www.computeralliance.com.auOne guy I used to deal with a lot is Brian from Computeroz. They even deliver. www.computeroz.netGive him a call, see what he can do for you. He's a real nice guy!

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

I've been getting my hardware from these guys for years & found them excellent on price.http://www.globalgroup.net.au/gloshop/customer/home.php

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

No Worries :-)

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

Guest Darren Howie

BoysOne of the best suppliers in Aus.www.eyo.com.auGreat for returns and good prices.The don't try to #### you with rubbish info and are super helpful in every area.I bought my X800XT from them and got it when no one and i mean no one in Australia had them in stock about 5 moths ago just after release.They are quite a large company with a big wharehouse near Bankstown.SeeyaDarren

hi allwell i went to Umart and purchased the Leadtek 6600GT, im replacing my Gforce Ti4400 card with the Leadtek 6600GT 128meg ram the instructions states, "if the card had a 4-pin power connector please ue the supplied power split cable as shown to connect the system power supply on the video card"i know where this is and the cable involved but once i connect one end where does the other end go? i notice a female plug of similar size with alot of wires coming out from the Power Supply unit, do i simply plug the other end in there?also when i powered up the computer it says the card is running in 'safe mode' as it needs more power, so i presume the above cable is for this.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

No idea Clayton. I'm still running a Ti4200. I expect that you are correct in that the other end will go to the power supply. Hopefully someone can give you some guidance. If you don't then try posting in the Hardware discussion forum. You should get an answer there.Ross

Cheers, Ross

Guest wathomas777

Yes you are correct. The 6600GT AGP is actually a converted PCI express graphics card that uses a bridge chip to convert pci-express to AGP. The problem is the original PCI-E chipset draws much more power than can be supplied by AGP bus alone. As a result, you have to use the 4 pin molex connector the power supply (the same power plug you use to power your hard drive or CD/DVD-ROM)