Sign in to follow this  
Guest tcable

Excellent Concorde DVD

Guest Satchmo

I've just purchased the Concorde twin DVD set from www.itvv.com.I have to say this DVD goes into amazing detail and is possibly the best (only?) document(ary) ever created of a working crew on Concorde.Personally, before buying the DVD, I only had a passing interest in the aircraft, but thought I'd get the DVD set while it was available due the the great bird's retirement. I'm glad I did. This DVD covers everything!, every system,panel,switch..you name it.The crew 'love' their 'charge', especially the flight engineer who, a real propeller-head, (and I mean that in the nicest way), who is keen to explain every nook and cranny of the Concorde's systems.It's quite something to see the distance being counted off the INS at the rate of almost a mile a second :-coolThe DVD records a full pre-flight inspection and then gets on board for a full return flight from London Heathrow to KJFK.I have no association with the ITVV people,but have to say this is an astonishingly detailed documentry and if you have even a remote interest in the great plane, get yourselves a copy! Cheers:-waveSatchmo

:( I'd want a copy, but it appears they have no option to buy without a credit card so I guess I'm outta luck......

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Guest tcable

I have had that set on VHS for years. Les made Captain and crewed the last handful of flights for Conconde. It is an incredible learning expereince, and in 20-30 years it may be the only relevant remaining reference about this aircraft, other than print.It's a shame that this piece of history is now a museum piece. Heck even the -80 is still flyable :)Having been aboard BOAD at Oshkosh (never did fly her though) it was a dream come true.Tim