Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rockcliffe

malmo sturup CTD

Guest Johnnyvk

Hi everyone! Is there any known problems with Malmo Sturup airport in Sweden?If I try to start a flight there I get a crash to desktop.If I start in copenhagen and fly there i made it all the way to the airport and then got a CTD at about 1 mile on final.I thought i remembered something earlier about a problem there but could not find anything with a search. Anyone have similar problems or a fix? thanks Johnnyvk (in CYOW)

Guest Rockcliffe

I've made the flight from Kastrup to Malmo many times and never had a problem (I have inlaws in Denmark, btw). I've had similar CTDs in areas of Norway however, but none since I installed the FS9 patch. Have you done that?RegardsBlair(also CYOW)

Guest Johnnyvk

Hi Blair! No I have not installed the FS9.1 patch yet.I chickened out because everything is working really good up until now and I didn't want to mess with a good thing.Just tonite though I was thinking of installing the 9.1 patch.Maybe that will help.I have been installing some sceneries in scandinavia since downloading Stellan Hilmerbys new DC-9-42 because its in SAS colours and the tutorial flights are between Arlanda-Goteborg-Kastrup.I downloaded an fs2002 scenery for malmo and when I tried it out it crashed to desktop.So I removed the scenery and tried the stock fs2004 scenery and it again crashed to desktop.I did complete a flight from Landvetter to Kastrup though.Seems like the problem is only very close to malmo.I think I will try the 9.1 patch next and see if that helps.Thank you Johnnyvk (in CYOW)

Guest Rockcliffe

The patch installed flawlessly me for me. And even if the CTD persists near Malmo, it won't matter. The patch includes the Malmo-Copenhagen bridge so you can always drive ;-)CheersBlairCYOW