Sign in to follow this  
SQUAWKIDENT

Update for Dreamfleet cessna 310 now available!!

Stan, I have the identical sensation.. as mentioned above, dump the outboard fuel and the third passenger and really focus on lining up the Yoke with the runway, ignoring the rest of the panel.It seems to help.If anyone has a viewpoint correction, I'd love to have it!!

Bert

pebcak

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Will try that Bert thanks for the hint. It makes a pretty good-looking aeroplane unflyable in its current setup.

I may be wrong, but I thought I "heard" about a viewpoint correction available for this plane. That's all it needs. I can't seem to find it anywhere. I'm sure though, that someone on this forum is talented enough to create it. Please help if you read this.

I downloaded the update 310 shine installer and the VC gauge fix for FS9. I don't know if this was occuring before or not but my rudder trim tab rotates around the wrong axis.Could someone please check their 310 that are using these fixes to see if it's me or not. Go to Spot view and open the trim wheel window and adjust rudder trim.thanks

Guest Slacktide

>Try setting the fuel load in the outboard tanks to zero and>the passenger load even left and right (i.e. dump the third>135 lb person).Of course, it's not legal to fly a 310 without fuel in the outboard tanks, and you're down to a miniscule range, so it's not exactly "as real as it gets."Dan

Dan, I understand the range issue, but not the legality issue... can you elaborate?

Bert

I have always understood that the wing tip tanks on the 310 were the main tanks. They can be a problem when you have a hard landing because I have seen the wrinkles on the underside of a wing after a hard landing with full tanks.I am inclosing a picture of my rudder trim tab problem because I'm wondering if it can be corrected.thanks again

I've e-mailed SUPPORT at the Flight1 site, and asked if they had a fix for the skewed viewpoint. Haven't heard back from them yet, but I will post any news here. Surely....their testers had to have noticed this aberration. I even noticed that upon descent, using the 2D panel, that it feels like the plane is moving sideways as you look out the windshield.Weird...but true.

I havent noticed a problem with the 2D/3D default view. Just nasty yawing from side-to-side even in zero wind conditions.Adamwww.flightpix.tkIndependent FS reviews, screenshots, movies and news

Guest jlwoodward

My airspeed indicator is acting up. It reads about 20 kts high if checked against the map page. Sometimes it pegs out. When restarting FS9 after a pause, the gauge is not there, but after cycling through the views it returns.I upgraded the computer recently so it might not be a problem with the plane.

Guest av84fun

<>I once owned a 310...N6831F which exists no longer since it took two unmanned flights and ended up in a pile on the ramp of a Chicago area airport after a tornado blew through.But you are correct that the tip tanks are the mains on the 310. In fact, the aux and/or wing locker tanks are OPTIONAL and so plenty of 310s have only the tip (main tanks).Because of that, the 310 can and is landed with relatively low fuel supplies in the mains. To prevent "unporting" of the fuel as can happen with certain tanks there is a "transfer pump" located in the mains which pumps fuel from the forward portion of the tank (where most of the fuel would be during a descent) into the middle sump area where the engine driven fuel pump routes gas to the engine.Assuming the transfer pump has not failed, steep descents are appropriate in a 310.But back to the issue of the thread. It is not possible to fly a 310 with empty mains. You can manually empty them but as soon as the battery is activated, fuel will be pumped from the aux and or wing locker tanks into the mains.I don't imagine that the Dreamfleet machine models the above and emptying the mains may be a workaround to the yaw issue. However, yaw and/or dutch roll is a fundamental of most twins and especially those with tip tanks whether they are mains or aux tanks. That is why they nearly all have yaw dampers which work fairly well ITRW but not perfectly. You just have to get used to a little "swing and sway."Regards,Jim