Sign in to follow this  
Byrna

What's better Amsterdam scenery, Lago or NL 2000?

I have the Lago AMS scenery for 2002, and it seems it can be patched to work in Fs 2004. Is this scenery of AMS better or the freeware NL 2000? CheersChris

I tried using Lago's EHAM in FS2004 and it indeed works, kinda.But the nightlighting has pretty strange effects.The current NL2000 version looks a lot better (which is hardly surprising as it makes use of 4 year newer technology).

Hi Chris,I have not used the Lago but my impression of the NL2000 Holland/EHAM scenery is that it is truly stunning. The impression I get of LAGO is that its scenery for Italian cities look great but they're over-charging as with all city scenery developers for what amounts to nothing more than eye-candy of a city. We fly planes which land on AIRPORTS, not cities, so I have a hard time paying for an arm and a leg for a single city (after buying FlightSoft's Hong Kong 2004), no matter how "famous", even New York. This is why I still won't buy Aerosoft's Manhattan even though I know it is superbly done - much better in detail than Hong Kong - because at 29.95 Euro for what amounts to only Manhattan, not even the airports, it is highway robbery!You won't be disappointed with NL2000 but I seem to have only summer textures, even in winter. I may be doing something wrong...I'll have to look into it some time.John