Sign in to follow this  
chumley

Drifting eyepoint

Is there a fix that I can make to prevent feeling sick every time the NGX or 777 turn a corner? It is like the panel is sliding from side to side. The movement is quite dramatic and temptation is to send both aircraft to the breakers yard and fly the A320 (admittedly eyepoint drift is a feature? of this aircraft too but not as dramatic).

Thanks

Andy b

This has been discussed at length in the FS community. Bug is caused by some math error when FSX calculates the viewpoint based on the CG. The larger the airplane, the farther the viewpoint from the CG, so the more pronounced it is. I think it could be fixed by someone clever, or wrapped into some software like EZDok. But since the drift is based on longitude, latitude, altitude, heading, and position relative to CG, the algorithm(s) that would need to be developed would probably be pretty complex. 

I am sure I only got this problem in the 737 after I installed the 777. I can never remember having so many problem viewing the HGS straight on before.

-Iain Watson-

I am sure I only got this problem in the 737 after I installed the 777. I can never remember having so many problem viewing the HGS straight on before.

This effect has always been there in FSX. You can see it in the default aircraft as well as addons. The NGX HGS makes it more noticeable because the combiner glass is right in front of you, and once you notice the movement it becomes very apparent in other aircraft.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I swear this was never a problem with the 737 before the 777 release. I flew hundreds of hours with it and only needed small eye adjustment due to strong winds moving the HUD display. Now, every time I turn 90 degrees on a taxiway the eye point has moved considerably?

-Iain Watson-

Always has been an FSX bug, regardless of momentum or camera changes added to cfg's. Don't have EZdok, if it truly works around it and minimize the effect, I definitely need to look at purchasing it myself solely for that reason.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Well, maybe I stopped using Opus DHM around the same time when I switched to FSGRW. Maybe that's where the problem lies?

-Iain Watson-

I swear this was never a problem with the 737 before the 777 release. I flew hundreds of hours with it and only needed small eye adjustment due to strong winds moving the HUD display. Now, every time I turn 90 degrees on a taxiway the eye point has moved considerably?

It was always there. You should be able to find NGX threads about it dating from before the 777 release.

Either Ezdok or Opus camera control *could* help work around it but currently don't. Ryan said Opus were looking into the idea. Ezdok weren't interested when I asked them. They didn't seem to understand why it was a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ki9cAAb.jpg

I'd buy EZDok simply for that reason alone, if it worked around the eye point bug.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Completely untrue - every aircraft in FSX has this issue because it's hardcoded into the sim. Our code does absolutely nothing to the view system - you just didn't notice before because the effect isn't as great due to the shorter fuselage of the 737. Even the default Cessna has the issue - put it in slew mode and rotate quickly using yaw - you'll see it. Do a search at Avsim here too - you'll find threads about this that predate the NGX and 777 by many years.

• Upvote 1

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

No prob Tabs, I'm sure something else is going on, typical FSX vodoo effect!  Doesn't stop me enjoying the aircraft.

Cheers

Iain

-Iain Watson-

I  never new of this "bug" until I it came up in some thread somewhere.  I never experienced it with the 737NGX or any other aircraft heavy or otherwise.  But then I do use EZDOK maybe that is why it is not an issue for me.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."