Sign in to follow this  
theskyisthelimit

Orbx/ftx airports that work in 2.1 that dont have p3d installers?

Can anyone comment on what airports seem to work ok in P3D (particularly version 2.1).. ones that aren't officially supported (yet) by Orbx/FTX..

I thought i saw several people commenting on at least some working (like some in AU, maybe some in PNW and other areas)..

I'm hesitant to use the EMT to install them, unless they could be removed or just re-installed with the future p3d installer version later (thoughts here too?).. i'm assuming maybe this wouldn't be hard to "Undo" but i'd rather not botch the whole P3D install over a few airports that cant be removed or re-installed later.

I'm guessing the objectflow (people animation) doesnt work.. but that wouldn't bother me.

Officially i forget which regions are officially supported so far.. I want to say it was AU, Northern Ireland and maybe one other area (with only a few freeware airports at this point according to their thread).

Thanks for any info..

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

The official list includes:

FTX AU Sp4.003 FTX EU Ireland 1.0, EU Northern Ireland 1.1 and ftxg 1.2 and Vector.

Another area i think people have gotten to work just fine (not sure on airports though) was SAK, still unclear on ramifications/ability to overwrite or reinstall with an official compatible version later on.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

KJAC work , people flow works also, even with dll removed  . I have PNW ,CRM,NRM,PCF they are all working , my setting or on hybrid mode

KJAC work , people flow works also, even with dll removed  . I have PNW ,CRM,NRM,PCF they are all working , my setting or on hybrid mode

Thanks for the input.. Before doing a clean install of 2.1 with p3d.. i had installed pnw with 2.0.. i noticed a 10 fps drop by enabling hybrid mode.. have you experienced this or noticed it.. i only notice it because i run triple screens at 5760 x 1080 which is more obvious  (ie: 43 fps down to about 32)

Hi I have a  2 screens setup  and to be honest with p3dv2.1 i dont even bother to check fps

its been smooth has budder every where

Hi I have a  2 screens setup  and to be honest with p3dv2.1 i dont even bother to check fps

its been smooth has budder every where

I retested with PNW.. drop is about 5 fps going from hybrid OFF to hybrid on.. not too bad.

So i installed a few airports with objectflow dll entries in the dll.xml..

upon launch of p3d, it will ask to "run once" or "dont run" each dll.. if i choose run once, p3d crashes basically, disappears, no error.. So it seems on all of them i have to click dont run.

How did you get around this.. did you experience the same issue?

i did have the same issue     simply remove  

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>peopleflow </Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>Modules\peopleflow </Path>
</Launch.Addon>

from the DLL  in  C:\Users\yours \AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2    

the above texte launch add on is not exact ...

yea I was aware or change disabled to true. Just wasn't sure if you found a way to get the run once on the dll to actually work. Oh well. People animation not being there or the people not so critical

check your dll path  should be <Path>ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_what ever  and not
c:\progamme file \bla bla bla \ Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\ORBX\FTX_NA\what ever

this will get rid of run once   

not sure if you'll see people  though

check your dll path  should be <Path>ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_what ever  and not

c:\progamme file \bla bla bla \ Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\ORBX\FTX_NA\what ever

this will get rid of run once   

not sure if you'll see people  though

Checked that.. i had it correct.. example:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>ObjectFlow_CEF4_P3D</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>V:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\ORBX\FTX_NA
\FTX_AA_CEF4\Scenery\ObjectFlow_CEF4_P3D.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

still prompted, if you click run once, p3d crashes (no error).. so for now, disabled True is my setting, until they fix it.

Biggest issue i have now. is that i have a major case of the blurries/autogen not filling in quick enough.. this with the big jet and the fsmark07 test with Hybrid mode checked (on) (PNW installed).. i have to try it once with hybrid turned off, in case its more of a compatibility issue than setting issue.. but i did try various combinations of affinity masks on, affinity masks off.. fiber time set to 0.1 all the way to 1.33.. nothing has cured it.

Did you notice blurries with hybrid mode being on.?  I didnt notice it before installing PNW, so unsure if related or not, but will find out tonight.

yes i had blurries  made the autogene folder swap from 2.0 and it did a world of difference ,  some say that it does nothing but for me i did

yes i had blurries  made the autogene folder swap from 2.0 and it did a world of difference ,  some say that it does nothing but for me i did

Ah ok, ill give that a shot.. is that just replacing the autogen folder in its entirety in the root of the Prepar3D v2 folder right?

Noticed today ftx has yred available for 2.0/2.1.. have you or anyone ever removed an ftx airport.. there is no installer.. i'm assuming if i just kill its folder then install a newer version that should take care of 99% of it.

yes and your dll  path should be <Path>ORBX not Path>V:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

Yeah i also tried:

<Path>ORBX\FTX_NA
\FTX_AA_CEF4\Scenery\ObjectFlow_CEF4_P3D.dll</Path>

Same deal.. prompts to run once etc.. 

KHQM works fine but most of the others require objectflow.dll for objects to show.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.