Sign in to follow this  
Skysurfer7

"check" & "checked"

Hi

For a year I have had problems with the words "check" & "checked", being fed up with it, I've used "set" instead.

I have added & deleted the words to the speech dictionary multiple times, trying different combinations & pronunciations, trained speech recognition several times.....even prevented "check" to be recognized but it still shows up in FS2CREW?

In notepad only "check" is recognized when I dictate, but not "checked", the same in FS2CREW??

Only the word "check" is recognized in the "green bar", is there a way I can merge "check" & "checked" to be recognized as one word?

Thanx:)

Hi Bryan,

My accent is American, I've lived there for a couple of years. It was fine until I changed my OS to W7 Enterprise, a year ago. Yesterday I tried to troubleshoot for 5h, but no joy :unsure:

Yeah I tried that before, but will try again & see.

I also noticed, that if I exclude the word "check", to be not recognized by W7 speech dictionary, it's still recognized by FS2CREW?

The same goes if I train "check" to be recognized as I pronounce "dlek", it works as I dictate on notepad...ie, I say "dlek" it spells "check" on notepad.....but in FS2CREW this is not recognized.

Aren't FS2CREW & W speech recognition suppose to work together....maybe that's somehow got broken on my system?

Hi Bryan

OK another problem & can you answer the above please?

when I command "flaps 5" FO says "flaps 5" & directly after says "flaps 1" so I get flaps1  same with other flaps settings: me "flaps 15" FO "flaps 15" "flaps 2"

me " flaps 30" FO " flaps 30"  " flaps UP"......?

it destroys my approaches totally & I have to set flaps manually!

I have trained speech recognition several times & I have added & deleted the words to the speech dictionary multiple times, trying different combinations & pronunciations.

when I command "flaps 5" FO says "flaps 5" & directly after says "flaps 1" so I get flaps1  same with other flaps settings: me "flaps 15" FO "flaps 15" "flaps 2"
me " flaps 30" FO " flaps 30"  " flaps UP"......?
it destroys my approaches totally & I have to set flaps manually!

I have trained speech recognition several times & I have added & deleted the words to the speech dictionary multiple times, trying different combinations & pronunciations.

Please keep your mic away from your speakers.

I suspect the speech recognition system might be "hearing" the FO's voice.

So you say "Flaps 15"... the FO repeats that back... but then the speech recognition system hears the FO speaking "Flaps XXX", but it thinks you're saying Flaps XXX.

Watch the Green Bar to see what's happening.

Know what I mean?

Cheers,

OK will try that.

I do actually have my speakers on & I'm just using the mic on my headphones. I also sit very close to the speakers. I will also try to lower the mic sensitivity.

Thanx:)