Sign in to follow this  
capesnr

IL2 Sturmovik WWII Combat Simulator from Ubisoft - install help

I have Windows 7 and the CD for this game won't install. The ubisoft forums say to click on a file "a" on the cd but there is no such file. I have also tried running as admin and changing compatibility mode to WINi95, with no success. I also copied all the files from the cd to c:\il2 and ran setup from there. No joy.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hey capesnr - Get Cliffs Of Dover  - Man oh man this is one fun sim! I am never looking back. The community is wonderful and I have joined up with a wonderful squadron. We fly every night with tons of other online players. On Sundays we organize large historical events. Nothing like having 50 - 100 guys flying around, communicating over Teamspeak with your squadron mates. Looking out at you real squadron flying out over the channel - no AI - will make your heart beat faster than FSX ever will - IMO.

If you are a fan of The Battle of Britain (movie) it does not get any better. Planes look great, terrain is great, water looks better than FSX - and you do not need to become a "Sim Tweaker" fiddling with settings - you actually get to just go fly and have fun however you like.

Hang in there on the install! Here are a couple of links to places you can find help.

Get the game then follow the instructions for adding the new Mods from these guys: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/

Ask them for help I have not met a bad person yet. Strafed on the field a bunch of times but hey that is war. :)

Then if you want to join up with an historical group come on over and join us at: http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk

I'm a new guy but quickly was accepted. Me and 4-7 guys go up and train every evening then mix it up later. Join us, any level accepted.

Rob

"Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it"

I have Windows 7 and the CD for this game won't install. The ubisoft forums say to click on a file "a" on the cd but there is no such file. I have also tried running as admin and changing compatibility mode to WINi95, with no success. I also copied all the files from the cd to c:\il2 and ran setup from there. No joy.

Any help would be appreciated.

What happens when you put the disk in the drive?

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.