Sign in to follow this  
Novation

New nV Driver Issue - can someone please test

Rob do you have Sim Objects set to cast shadows by any chance? I got similar artifacts at a payware airport that has grass modelled. These have 8 planes with grass textures on them with some flowers (called cosmos in RSA), and associated transparency masks. With Sim Objects casting shadows, the model-planes are not transparent. From vertically above they look like 8 pointed stars (much like your triangular boxes without the box sides. On the ground, viewed at an angle you coulds sees the shadows being cast by the veg-object planes. Look to me like those you are seeing may also be veg objects (but trees with horizontal planes or some airport nav infrastucture?). Turning Sim Objects cast shadows off solved this for me, but this obviously took away all my pole shadows etc.

Interesting, Sim Objects cast shadows (yes I do have this set to cast but NOT receive) seemed to only impact ground vehicles like airport vehicles, auto traffic ... the NoShadow Flagged Content is what turned On/Off Pole and fence shadows for me.  I'm beginning to wonder if this is scenery specific as some developers are using the object classes incorrectly?

So for now I'm keeping NoShadow Flagged Content unchecked (seem to fix a lot of issues including black semi transparent shadows on ground textures that shouldn't be there).  

Here is my theory on these shadow settings and why they seem to vary from scenery packages ... my theory:

Some objects are being created to smooth a layer but are flagged as invisible, however these objects are casting shadows when they shouldn't be ... so you have an invisible layer that was setup as a "work around" to some other issue but that work around is causing shadows to be generated ... or something along these lines.  Again, just guessing, I'm not a scenery designer.

Edited by Guest

I installed 335.23 now and it works fine.

Spirit

Not here... I still have the same issue with this latest set.. I'm still using them but have turned shadows down to Medium, which makes the issue go away. Supersampling via NI also creates artifacts on certain textures.

Not here... I still have the same issue with this latest set.. I'm still using them but have turned shadows down to Medium, which makes the issue go away. Supersampling via NI also creates artifacts on certain textures.

I think medium is enough for shadow together with 4x SGSS in NI. But everybody has a different taste.

Spirit