Sign in to follow this  
Guest BushmanBrad

FS2004 CTD in Startup screen

Guest BushmanBrad

I have had this problem since day one after installing FS2004. I had it with FS9.0 and FS9.1. I had it before installing any add-ons and still have it after adding many add-ons. I have re-installed everything and it still happens.FS2004 crashes while in the startup screen where you can Create A Flight, or Select a Flight, or go to Flying Lessons etc. It will crash after selecting a button. It could be virtually any button in the startup screen. Some buttons are worse than others. For example, selecting Flying Lessons crashes about 80% of the time. Same with the NavLog... button in Flight Planner. Some buttons crash very seldom. Picking Create A Flight crashes maybe 1% of time. Selecting the 1903: Wright Flyer scenario then picking Fly Now crashes 100% of the time. Most of the time it crashes to desktop without any error message. Rarely I get the cryptic "Do you want to send an error report" window.The odd thing is, it never crashes while actually flying a plane. Only in the startup screen. I am baffled.Please help. Thanks.Brad.

We need two things to start--~Full System and O/S specs~If you can download "HijackThis" and install it, displaying it's log here would be very useful on the odd chance a background app is causing the problem

Guest BushmanBrad

HijackThis log is attached.System:Dell Inspiron 85002.6 GHz P4-M768 MB RAM1 GB virtual memory64 MB nVidia GForce4 4200 GoWin XP SP2Brad.

Guest mrm0508

I'm troubleshooting a similar problem. Any flight that has "htm" files in it's respective folder causes a CTD. This appears to be a Windows XP SP2 IE6 SP2 problem. I suspect the beefed up security in IE6 is causing the problem. If I rename the htm files ti "html" everything runs great but I can't access the briefing through the kneeboard....which I can live with until I figure this out.Mike

Sorry it took me so long to reply--I missed the Hijack This Log when you posted it Friday.From what I see here, you're running FS9 on a laptop. Not too much help I can offer, I'm afraid. Since the problem sounds like it's mouse interface related, about the only thing I can suggest is trying to update your touchpad drivers. I know we get fairly frequent posts from members with issues with laptops, and getting FS9 to work--if it can work--is a lot of trial and error.From what I can see, I don't detect any spyware. But I always get rid of this line:O4 - HKLM..Run: [TkBellExe] "C:Program FilesCommon FilesRealUpdate_OBrealsched.exe" -osbootAlthough Realplayer likes to add it back every time you use it...-John