Sign in to follow this  
rwat

fs9 vs fsx flight dynamics?

What I would like to know is if fs9 treats cfg entries the same as fsx, for example if I take the flight tuning, contact points, engine data, and airplane geometry from an fsx plane's cfg and put it in an fs9 planes cfg replacing the old entries would it behave like it did in fsx?

For most planes, yes.  There is a difference in the "feel" of FSX vs FS9, but that is true for all aircraft.

Ya , I do know that planes can tend to be more touchy in fs9 but what about things like stalls and spins?

rwat, i dont think stalls and spins depends on sim version, but how stalls and spins are modeled by developers. Go to RealAir website and download their freeware C172 for FS9. Stalls and spins are well modeled. 

i'd like to hear some opinions on this from aircraft developers, i allways had a strange feeling that we have been actually "forced" from FS9 to FSX only becouse their products looks better in FSX :) Most of people moved to FSX becouse of new planes which are not available for FS9. I still use both simulators.

I remember someone from PMDG stated once(when they decided not to support FS9 anymore) that except visuals, they can make some more things regarding flight dynamics. Aircrafts definitelly feels different. I'd like to hear something more about this from experts - PMDG, RealAir, A2A...

That was just an example of airplane behavior that is hard to get right and I do have the freeware realair c172. The reason I was asking this is because I'm considering getting the carenado c185 for fs9 and their are flight dynamics upgrades for the fsx verstion done by a few real pilots. What I want to know is if I put the modified contact points, airplane geometry ect. into the fs9 versions cfg will it behave like these upgrades make it behave in fsx?

I don't know that, sorry. I think fde will work, but aircraft.cfg differs in fs9.I can't say for sure. I hoppe someone will tell us more :)

There are differences like the entries for the preset views that put the camera in different positions like at the landing gear or on the vertical stabilizer for example and another difference is the entries for the different paints of a plane. But Other than that they are the same from what I can see so I can use everything else in the cfg, which is the part I need anyways. Thanks for the help and I hope that someone knowledgeable about this will give us an answer. But I think I may get it without a definitive answer anyways idk. I just hate spending more money on planes than the software I'm using them on was worth when it was new back in 2004 lol I'm just a broke 16 yr old :Cry:.

Hi,

This would normally work fine (you might also need to copy the FSX AIR file as well), but if they did something tricky it might not work (not sure what, but these payware outfits often go way beyond the SDK and into unknown territory).

Yes I am aware that the air file will be nececery as well and I don't believe carenado would be an issue since their main focus is visual appearance though they do pretty good with flight models, but with other company like A2A and PDMG use outside software to create ultra realistic flight models because they don't want to deal with the limitations of MSFS if I understand correctly. (I could be wrong though but this is what I've heard) Though the fsx air files may not work in fs9.

Hi,

rwat, could you please point us to these modified flight dynamics by providing a link or a file name? I'd like to test them with the C185 for FS2004.

Thanks!

Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Hi,

rwat, could you please point us to these modified flight dynamics by providing a link or a file name? I'd like to test them with the C185 for FS2004.

Thanks!

Harald

http://www.carenado.com/CarSite/Portal/index.php?accion=update

Look for the "C185 FSX - Optional Patch"

It appears that the Patch for the FS 2004 version has been removed. I installed the patch for the Bush version when it was available, but didn't notice a big difference. However, after reading some comments from RW pilots flying the Skywagon, I came to the conclusion that the 185 is a twitchy airplane by nature, and that she has to be handled with very soft hands at the flare. Landing speed is critical, and she has to be eased onto the runway or else she'll start to bounce.

Alan  4547.jpg

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Thanks Alan!

I found the C185 to react very sensitive particularly to flap movements and looked for a confirmation of this behaviour. Will test the patch.

Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg