Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Aircraft movement freezes intermittently

Okay, I've never come across this before, but my aircraft movement intermittently freezes quite randomly.Whether taxiing or flying it simply stops moving for about two seconds as if it's run into a wall but then resumes its normal speed. Anyone else come across this anomaly?

Cheers

Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have FSUIPC enabled? If so, disable the Autosave option and see if it helps..

Otherwise please add more information, addons installed. etc.. so we could help determine what might been causing this!

Also it could be an anti virus issue.  Sometimes its periodic checking can cause issues, or if it has a backup or scanning feature active this may be the cause.  Shutting off these features or your anti virus software during flights can or might improve things.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I'm not 100% sure, but think i experienced that when i used zero bufferpools.

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

I'll try it without bufferpools to test that theory, but I've use BP=0 for years without any such issue.  It's almost as though someone has grabbed the aircraft by the tail, and then let it go, with a rapid acceleration to its speed before freezing.  I'm also noticing flashing black texture tiles on sea and land.  I think this definitely is bufferpool related from memory.  Oh the joys.....  8 years on and it still leaves one scratching ones head.

BP=0 is good culprit, esp. with the flashes. Lock frames at 30. Taxi, go to ext. view, rotate view 360 3 times. Does it still stutter? A video driver change might have started this.

Dave

BP=0 is good culprit, esp. with the flashes. Lock frames at 30. Taxi, go to ext. view, rotate view 360 3 times. Does it still stutter? A video driver change might have started this.

Dave

Tried the above and the tile flashes have disappeared, but the aircraft stop start anomaly remains. Although interestingly, it only happens to the Majestic Dash 8. Other aircraft appear to be fine

Do you have FSUIPC enabled? If so, disable the Autosave option and see if it helps..

Otherwise please add more information, addons installed. etc.. so we could help determine what might been causing this!

That's an interesting potential adjustment. I'll try it. I do happen to have autosave on