Sign in to follow this  
gboz

Monitoring VAS with FSUIPC causes major stuttering.

Getting some major stuttering over the last two days in V2.1.

Realised it started with using FSUIPC to monitor VAS with the VAS

readout being displayed in the "FS Window".

Turned it off and back to normal.

Saving VAS to FSUIPC log file does not seem to have the same adverse effect.

This has been mentioned in another tread here but needs a bit more publicity.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Good point, double check you dont have FSUIPC auto saving your flight as well....for some reason, mine was doing that, even though I had it "unticked"...

double check you dont have FSUIPC auto saving your flight as well....for some reason, mine was doing that, even though I had it "unticked"...

Well, unless you want that, of course.  <_< In fact, Autosave is the only thing I use FSUIPC for! I don't notice any stuttering due to that and I love being able to proceed my flight after an OOM…!!!  :rolleyes:

BTW The FSUIPC VAS monitor only gives my obvious stutters when I enable the onscreen monitor. The monitor in the title bar doesn't seem to give me stutters but I have disabled it anyway: I only need information like that when I am testing things. 

BTW too: running Process Explorer in the background also gives me stutters.

FSUIPC Autosave does not save FMC and panel data .. correct?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

FSUIPC Autosave does not save FMC and panel data .. correct?

That totally depends on the plane. Whatever FSX/P3D saves when you manually save a flight, FSUIPC will also save. The A2A C172 for instance saves an extra file when you save a flight and so you will also see an extra file when FSUIPC autosaves a flight with the A2A C172.

That totally depends on the plane. Whatever FSX/P3D saves when you manually save a flight, FSUIPC will also save. The A2A C172 for instance saves an extra file when you save a flight and so you will also see an extra file when FSUIPC autosaves a flight with the A2A C172.

I had asked : FSUIPC Autosave does not save FMC and panel data .. correct?

I know the A2A C172 does not have an FMC.

I never got FSUIPC Autosave to work with the aircraft that I have purchased.

Is there a list of payware aircraft that FSUIPC Autosave will save the FMS and panel state data?

Best Regards,

o.k. I haven't suffered too many OOM yet.

So how do I see what VAS P3D uses? Is there a default display for that if I don't use FSUIPC?

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

As I understand the operation, if FSX/P3d can save the flight - FSUIPC will save the flight. Whatever is saved in FSX/P3D when you press SAVE FLIGHT is the same that will be saved when FSUIPC autosaves the flight. If FSX/P3D save the FMC data - so will FSUIPC - if they don't, neither will FSUIPC.

It has NOTHING to do with aircraft compatibility.

Think of it this way - it's like FSUIPC will automatically press the save button every now and then,

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

o.k. I haven't suffered too many OOM yet.

So how do I see what VAS P3D uses? Is there a default display for that if I don't use FSUIPC?

You could check out these two:

procexp and procmon

Best Regards,

As I understand the operation, if FSX/P3d can save the flight - FSUIPC will save the flight. Whatever is saved in FSX/P3D when you press SAVE FLIGHT is the same that will be saved when FSUIPC autosaves the flight. If FSX/P3D save the FMC data - so will FSUIPC - if they don't, neither will FSUIPC.

It has NOTHING to do with aircraft compatibility.

Think of it this way - it's like FSUIPC will automatically press the save button every now and then,

Vic

That's exactly what I was trying to say. ^_^

I know the A2A C172 does not have an FMC.

I don't really understand what you are trying to say here...?

Jeroen,

"I don't really understand what you are trying to say here...?"

Yes, I see that.

So, to put it another way, which payware aircraft with FMC's can use FSUIPC to Autosave the flight, FMC data and the panel data?

Maybe you have some?

Best Regards,

Jeroen,

"I don't really understand what you are trying to say here...?"

Yes, I see that.

So, to put it another way, which payware aircraft with FMC's can use FSUIPC to Autosave the flight, FMC data and the panel data?

Maybe you have some?

Vonmar - I think you are missing the point or we are just not communicating. *ALL* payware and freeware aircraft can use FDSUIPC to save the flight.

I guess you are asking - which of these 1) have an FMC and 2) save that FMC state when you save the flight?

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Vic,

"I guess you are asking - which of these 1) have an FMC and 2) save that FMC state when you save the flight?"

Correct.

But, also the panel state.

So you can restart the flight with all FMS/CDU data and panel dials set just like it was during the flight when saved.

Best Regards,

So you can restart the flight with all FMS/CDU data and panel dials set just like it was during the flight when saved.

FSUIPC can't do that by itself. If the addon plane comes with the option to save all that data automatically whenever you save a flight manually, then FSUIPC will ALSO do that automatically. But if the plane has no option to save that data automatically, then FSUIPC also won't save it.

As VIc said: it's like FSUIPC will automatically press the save button every now and then.

That's why I said it depends on the addon plane.