Sign in to follow this  
FLEX1978

TCAS CTD

Hi Guys,

After 10 or more trouble free test flights I have had my first CTD whilst flying on Vatsim due to the TCAS 

FSINN is running on a networked PC. 

First leg EDDP - OBBI 

Zero issues and the aircraft & TCAS performed flawlessly.

Second leg OBBI - VHHH

On departure I received a resolution advisory, ND showed traffic almost on top of me, no actual traffic in the area except a Qatar 777 freighter 30 miles away.

I shut down TCAS and continued climb. 10 minutes later I decided to test the TCAS again, moved the switch to TA/RA and the sim froze, eventually crashing to desktop.

Changes to the sim since landing in OBBI - Updated FSUIPC to latest version, also external model removed since I fly in VC99% of time.  FPS is solid 30 and have pretty much everything maxed except for road/airport traffic)

I have restarted the flight and left TCAS in XPNDR, don't want to risk using TA or TA/RA again!

Any help would be appreciated

Rob Prest

I have had quite a few TCAS RAs and TAs.

Allways without a problem.

I dont fly online though.

But I have never turned the transponder completely off and back on in flight.

You might have discovered a new bug.

To be sure though...as annoying as CDTs might be....you would have to reproduce it.

Otherwise it is just a single event/incedent.

Rob Robson

Thanks Rob,

Will continue to monitor the situation. Was wondering if other people have experienced the same thing, I guess it must be a one off specific to my setup.

After landing in Hong Kong I had a play around with the  transponder, no CTD so hopefully it will stay that way. 

Excuse my enthusiasm but this simulation is absolutely mind blowing. Coming from years on FS9 straight to the T7 with all the latest addons/high end hardware has been a complete joy. 

Rob Prest

Rob,

Was there actually a crash report blaming the 777 dll for this or are you just assuming? Can you check your event log please? I don't have any record of TCAS related crashing at support since release - the TCAS logic is very mature and has been used in multiple PMDG products. Nothing changed with how it works in the 777 vs. the previous aircraft.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hey Ryan,

Just got home, the CTD was definitely PMDG related. You know I do FS tech support so wouldn't post unless I had a good reason to.

Will check event logs for the exact msg. It was PMDG related but nothing to do with a TCAS module 

As mentioned above the first flight went smooth,part of me thinks this is a PEBKAC issue, will monitor and submit a ticket if it happens again. 

Cheers

Rob Prest

Hi,

Previously I had numerous CTD with TCAS in the NGX (crashed in the NGX DLL). If 777 is based off the same code, maybe a common bug. In the end when flying on VATSIM I switched off TCAS.

Best regards,

Robin.

Rob,

Was there actually a crash report blaming the 777 dll for this or are you just assuming? Can you check your event log please? I don't have any record of TCAS related crashing at support since release - the TCAS logic is very mature and has been used in multiple PMDG products. Nothing changed with how it works in the 777 vs. the previous aircraft.

Ryan,

If you remember I reported the exact same issue back when NGX was released. After I managed to track down all steps required to reproduce the TCAS module programmer created a new version that fixed this issue. Could it be that the new code didn't end up in the 777 eventually? I can't test as I don't own the 777.