Sign in to follow this  
jose88

Help to tune up my system

EDIT: I only have this micro stutters (yes are minimal but noticeable) with comple aircraft like PMDG or AXE. With the default Flight (Glider at Friday Harbor) i have smooth like butter FSX and 100FPS

This could be due to too high of autogen, scenery complexity, LOD radius, clouds, and/or traffic (any kind) slider settings.  Too much of these will effect smoothness regards of the reported FPS, especially when using complex aircraft.  I find that the newer nvidia drivers cause fsx perfomance issues with my system; the 320.49 works very well for me.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

This could be due to too high of autogen, scenery complexity, LOD radius, clouds, and/or traffic (any kind) slider settings. Too much of these will effect smoothness regards of the reported FPS, especially when using complex aircraft. I find that the newer nvidia drivers cause fsx perfomance issues with my system; the 320.49 works very well for me.

Scenery complexity=very dense

Autogen=dense

LOD 4,5

All traffic off

Will test to low the density and change the drivers

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5 mediante Tapatalk

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Try not to use the Vsync function of NI. It caused me bad stuttering all over the place.

Instead add the line

ForceFullScreenVSync=1

to the [GRAPHICS] section of your fsx.cfg

Tom

ok, i'm uploading a video to Youtube to show the NGX departing TropicalSim LEBB with ASN. So you can say me if you see stutters.

These are my in FSX settings

1238o3l.jpg

2mpelxt.jpg

2myqi6v.jpg

Inspector now:

9q8jfr.jpg

fsx.cfg:

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=14
[bufferPools]
UsePools=0

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=120
HIGHMEMFIX=1

WideViewAspect=True

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.1

Video: 

Uploading...

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

ok, i'm uploading a video to Youtube to show the NGX departing TropicalSim LEBB with ASN. So you can say me if you see stutters.

These are my in FSX settings

1238o3l.jpg

2mpelxt.jpg

2myqi6v.jpg

Inspector now:

9q8jfr.jpg

fsx.cfg:

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=14
[bufferPools]
UsePools=0

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=120
HIGHMEMFIX=1

WideViewAspect=True

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.1

Video: 

Uploading...

And the video:

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Anyone? Can help me with these micro stutters?

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

No one knows what is bad in my config?

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

What effect has reduce Image complexity in the cfg? I think that reducing it from 5 to 4 get me more smooth with no visual effect.

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

No one?

Another question... Do you think that 4096 textures in REX and fsx.cfg are too much for my 2600k at 4,6 and GTX770?

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

-2048 textures seems to be a good compromise between performance and quality

-Don't force on vsync with NVI and then use D3Doverrider to also force vsync, so turn that back to default in NVI. Turn threaded optimization to auto -  I've never seen any benefit from that on FSX at all.

-Get rid of FFTF and TBM also. You might not be leaving enough time for scenery loading. On my system those settings have zero effect on stuttering or FPS in DX10 mode.

-Maybe do a defrag on your hard drive if you aren't using an SSD

- a 2600K is a hyperthreaded chip, by default it's turned on so if that is the case then your affinity mask is all wrong. If it's on your AM would be 84

-2048 textures seems to be a good compromise between performance and quality

-Don't force on vsync with NVI and then use D3Doverrider to also force vsync, so turn that back to default in NVI. Turn threaded optimization to auto - I've never seen any benefit from that on FSX at all.

-Get rid of FFTF and TBM also. You might not be leaving enough time for scenery loading. On my system those settings have zero effect on stuttering or FPS in DX10 mode.

-Maybe do a defrag on your hard drive if you aren't using an SSD

- a 2600K is a hyperthreaded chip, by default it's turned on so if that is the case then your affinity mask is all wrong. If it's on your AM would be 84

- Ok I'll load 2048 in REX 4. And in the cfg? Limit to 2048 too or let at 4096?

- Ok I'll let it at default in NI and use D3doverider.

- Wh do you mean with FFTF and TBM? I have wrong values?

- I have a dedicated SSD.

- I have HT off.

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

[Display]

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=40         this is default, doesn't seem to do anything in DX10- also if you are using usepools= 0 or poolsize=0, it is ignored

[Main]
//FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.1         the "//" makes the line into a comment so you can easily remove the setting without deleting it from your config 
DisablePreload=1                                          recommended from the DX10 guide

[GRAPHICS]
TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=2048                    Then put your rex textures to 2048, you will probably have to drop to 1024 on the runways and taxiways, also make sure you are using all the DXT compression and no 32 bit in REX, if you have Rex4 make sure to select the DX10 optimized textures

[Display]

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=40 this is default, doesn't seem to do anything in DX10- also if you are using usepools= 0 or poolsize=0, it is ignored

[Main]

//FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.1 the "//" makes the line into a comment so you can easily remove the setting without deleting it from your config

DisablePreload=1 recommended from the DX10 guide

[GRAPHICS]

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=2048 Then put your rex textures to 2048, you will probably have to drop to 1024 on the runways and taxiways, also make sure you are using all the DXT compression and no 32 bit in REX, if you have Rex4 make sure to select the DX10 optimized textures

Ok thanks again. I'll put 2048. I think I have the default mode In REX. 32bit? I'll check it. DX10 selected

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

"[Display]
TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=40 this is default, doesn't seem to do anything in DX10- also if you are using usepools= 0 or poolsize=0, it is ignored"

Partially incorrect.  If you are using usepools=0 that may be true.  I don't know as I use pools.

That said TBM is alive and well in DX10, and TBM work hand in hand with BP.  B I G  T I M E.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/436907-dx10-bufferpools/

Respectfully,

Jet

First, it's not so much a computer/config/nvidia problem here. I think it is more a problem of what you want verses what your machine can handle.

Go read up on Bufferpools and what Paul here in this forum has to say about them. More than likely you are going to have to set up a bufferpool and a reject threshold. If you have no idea what I just said you will have to read up on it.

BUT

Before you do that, you need to become more familiar with TBM and what IT does. TBM and Bufferpools work together. If you adjust your TBM you will need to readjust your Pools. Sorry but that is the case.

NEXT

We all need to learn that all these settings work for DIFFERENT aircraft, scenarios, add ons etc. There is NO magic bullet setting. (Trust me I learned this the hard way). I too used to run unlimited until I read what Nick N said about it. There really are only 30, 60, 90, Unlimited. Some cases call for unlimited some call for less. Up to you.

The reason you are getting spikes with unlimited and and slow performance when while locked is because of your fsx.cfg. You will have to learn how to work with that.

Setting up your rig is almost a bit of an art form. Look at my rig to the left. I get stutter free 30 fps LOCKED in sim! It appears as if I am getting 60 fps. I get no CTDs and no OOM errors and can fly as long as I need or want to.

All the help posted so far here are helpful. BUT if you have no reference then they are not very helpful.

If I were in your shoes I would first determine what you want to achieve, then determine what determine you can accept, then determine how to set up your system given your hardware to make that happen.

This is why so many get so frustrated when a particular fix does not work to fix the problem they think they have.

The trick to a great running machine is this...

Set up your computer first via Nick Ns Bible (Google it)

Further tweak your set up via FSX Basic Set Guide (Found here under main page Content)

IF... you want DX10 grab Steve's Scenery Fixer (Google it)

Then tweak that via the DX10 guide here by Paul J.

IF you are unwilling to do these things you may find yourself chasing your tail forever. However it is worth the time investment.

ONCE you have that. Then set up a simple flight in the most...

Complex aircraft you have.

Complex scenery you have.

Complex weather you have

Complex sliders you have.

Adjust down until you have what you are looking for. (Sliders, FSX CFG) Etc).

The nice thing about your system from then on is that no matter what aircraft weather etc you give you will always be smooth and stutter free.

I have my computer good setup, power settings etc... All good.

Have the Fixer and tweaks from the guides. NI setup seeing guide.

I have tested different BP values but with no results... Can you PM me and help to tune up my cfg?

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg