Sign in to follow this  
stien

Fatal error at gate arrivals in DX10

Hi everybody!

I couldn't find any solution for this issue on the internet so in my desperation I ask some help with this. I have run a lot of tests to figure out what causes the exact problem of my FSX fatal error at gate arrivals of each flight. I experienced that the problem always caused by FSPassengers, but only under DX10. I use Steve's DX10 fixer and scenery addons, but when I make flights in DX9 mode there isn't any crashes. I don't understand the connection between FSP and DX10...

It causes ntdll.dll error, the event viewer's message is the following:

fsx.exe

475e17d3

ntdll.dll

521ea8e7

c0000005

0003a74b

a94

01cf2be187df1ee4

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll

fcd681cc-97eb-11e3-8a26-d43d7e9128f2

System error codes is not my cup of tea so I write my system specs, maybe it helps: 

MSI Z77 MPower 

I7 3770K at default clock

MSI GTX680 Lightning

Avexir 16 GB DDR3 1600MHz

Windows 7 x64

I would be glad if someone could give suggestion or solution for my problem. 

Thanks in advance.

System error codes is not my cup of tea so I write my system specs, maybe it helps:

System error codes are not my cup of tea either but I can say you received an ntdll.dll crash which are quite common with FSX if you have high settings or a program is not in compliant with Windows.  I have seen a lot of crashes involving FS Passengers and they no longer provide support for their product.  There is no known fix but to uninstall FS Passengers and then reinstall it with Admin privileges (run as Administrator).  You can also try right clicking the program and select properties and then change compatibility settings.  In any case, just because you have enabled DX10 should not cause this crash.  There is little difference between DX9 and DX10.  More information on troubleshooting this particular error can be found in the AVSIM CTD Guide (see the link to the guide under Hot Spots to the right of this forum).

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thank you very much for your fast respond. Sorry to hear that about FsPassenger I really like this addon. Anyway I will try your advice and will check the AVSIM CTD Guide otherwise there's no other way I'll stay in DX9. 

Best wishes!

May I can help to somebody who might has the mentioned issue so then here is the key.

It seems to I made mistake all time when I always wanted to put my previous saved FsPassenger company's database back into the reinstalled one. And when I arrived at an airport the application couldn't save to this not fresh old created database or something like that happened. Anyway thanks again Firehawk for the idea to reinstall FSP. :)

Greetings,

Glad you got it fixed and thanks for telling us your solution.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10