Sign in to follow this  
PIC007

Unable to 'paste'

After this last round of forum 'adjustments' I now cannot paste a link into a reply, even though I can paste the same link everywhere else. Is this by design now or a bug?

Thanks

Jay

I don't know everybody so I can't say. :biggrin: No-one else has chimed in so it looks a bit that way. :(

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

So it works ok for you Ron? I just tried to copy paste some text here and doesn't work at all for me. This is weird

Jay

Man I have tried everything I can think of, CTRL+C  CTRL+V, checked all the forum settings in my profile.... it works ok everywhere but here....tks for replying

Jay

If you are using IE11 (as I am) there are some incompatibilities that prevent certain common-place actions such as Ctrl-V pasting, or even quoting simply don't work in BBCode Mode.

In the upper left toolbar is an icon that, when clicked on will switch off the BBCode Mode. By doing this, you can then paste stuff into your reply. When done, click on the icon again to switch back to BBCode Mode.

Alternatively, use Chrome, Firefox or another compatible browser until the forum software is updated to support IE11.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I knew there'd be a man along with the answer. Firefox guy myself.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

If you are using IE11 (as I am) there are some incompatibilities that prevent certain common-place actions such as Ctrl-V pasting, or even quoting simply don't work in BBCode Mode.

In the upper left toolbar is an icon that, when clicked on will switch off the BBCode Mode. By doing this, you can then paste stuff into your reply. When done, click on the icon again to switch back to BBCode Mode.

Alternatively, use Chrome, Firefox or another compatible browser until the forum software is updated to support IE11.

Thanks Bill! That solved it, man this has been driving me crazy, I wonder why it's only the Avsim forums affected

Jay

Thanks Bill! That solved it, man this has been driving me crazy, I wonder why it's only the Avsim forums affected

The latest update to the forum software was done just prior to the release of IE11, so that would be the reason here.

However, it's not the only place where IE11 incompatibility has been demonstrated. I have a paid ftp host who's software complains about my "unsupported browser" but when I select "continue anyway" just goes ahead and lets me get my work done... :Cuppa:

Good old Microsoft and their apparent policy of "if it ain't broke yet, keep updating it until it is!" :LMAO:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator