Sign in to follow this  
Sirxamoc

How to setup Mouse to VC look around

OK, I know this may be a real minor issue, but to me it would keep me going grayer than necessary.  When P3D v2.0 first came out I lost the ability to use my mouse in VC.  I later got it back after figuring out that you have to make sure that Aero is working.  But now we are in V2.1, I can have the mouse but I cant find the right configuration to what I want.

I want to be able to press the center button on my mouse and look around in VC, or press the mouse center and go back to normal pointer with no movement in the cockpit.  THis is what kind of end state I am shooting for.

I have FSUIPC up and running.  I have Saitek Pro everything to include an extra throttle quadrant.  I tried at first to use P3D controls and buttons but found out rather quickly that was not going to work.  So I did what we all do in FSX, I deleted all controls in p3d and just use FSUIPC.  It has mouselook, mouse look and other mouse commands.

Here is what I have had to settle for so far, I had to set a button on the yoke to push to activate  "mouse look toggle," which allows me to in some aircraft look around.  I then have to hit the button again to use the point and click.  But I still cannot use the mouse center wheel as the initiator, and not all aircraft with VC will allow me to look around. 

Does anyone have this mouse trained?

As far as I'm aware, you have to select the controls menu and then select mouse as pointer. This should the allow you to look around the VC by moving the mouse whilsy pressing the spacebar, if that's any help to you.

Good luck!

Phil 

Since I have a programmable wireless mouse I used the feature to turn the zoom on and off.. Assigned the Flight Sim 's command: Shift + o to the press scroll wheel function and it works great. That way, I can lock and zoom in or out with the scroll wheel.

Just to bump an old thread - I'm using P3D and trying to get enable mouse look by pressing the centre mouse button. For the life of me I cannot get the SPACE key changed to a mouse click in the P3D controls settings.

Any idea on how else to do this?

I'm of the understanding its possible with FSUIPC but whilst I've got a registered copy, I've never had a need to play with my controllers via that.

Cheers,

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

Hi Guys,

Just searching through old topics to find a solution.  My mouse control view in P3D (the one where you hold the spacebar down) has suddenly stopped working, and finding info on this is proving difficult.  Has this happened to anyone?  If so have you found a solution? 

Thanks in advance

Mark

Hi Mark,

I've been through all this since FS9 through to P3Dv3.4, and the only way you can get the mouse to do as it did in the early days is to get it assigned to a button on your joystick or throttle - then when you press this button (I use the Hotas Warthog trigger in P3D) the mouse can view all over the cockpit and the scroll wheel zooms in and out. If I want at any time to stay in that particular position, say when doing an engine start, I just clich the trigger and it stays there allowing me to use the mouse to click awitches etc. Then, if I want to look around it is just a press of the trigger and the mouse changes mode. If you are not sure of the sequence, here is what I did:

1. Options

2. Settings

3.Controls

4. Buttons and Keys

5. Event Category - Views

6.Scroll to "Mouse - control view direction (on/off)

7. New assignment

8. Click the button or trigger you want.

9. Click OK

Now you are good to go with the mouse view.

Hope this helps - for me it is better than Track IR with all the glitches that go with it.

Kev

• Like 1

Hi Kev,

Thanks for your response.  I have done the above steps and used the spacebar as the key to switch to "mouse controls view." (Which I believe was the default)  When I press the spacebar, the cursor changes to the cross hair (plus sign) as usual but the view fails to move when I move the mouse.  Its very strange because it just stopped working and I hadn't changed any of the button assignments.  I was thinking or purchasing FSUIPC and/or EZView, do you think either of these may solve my issue.

Thanks again,

Mark

Mark,

I can only think of two things to try, one is to delete and r

then re-assign the spacebar key and then just try to allocate a button on your controls just to rule out a mouse issue, as opposed to a sim issue.

Kev

Yes, you do need to hold the spacebar down as you move the mouse around. By assigning a button on your joystick yo can switch this on and off, thereby using the mouse to move and zoom your view without holding the spacebar.

Kev

Thanks.  Yeah I was holding it down and also tried pressing Shift+O which also turned the cursor into the cross hair but did not move the eyepoint.  I've just installed FSUIPC4 which works when pressing the scroll bar on the mouse.

Thanks,
Mark

Hi everybody, so I've just made it tghe way I wanted it to be:

First took FSIUPC options to use mouse middle button as mouse look.

Second, I took Logitech options program (it allows to make mouse profiles for specific programs) and set side buttons in my mouse (Logitech M510) to be used in Prepar3d as middle buttons also.

So now I am looking by the mouse pushing one side button only, so I can use middle button wheel to set instruments in a cockpit, very useful to me.

Regards!