Sign in to follow this  
PDX Flyer

Which No. Calif. Airports Do You Request?

I know the Northern California scenery was just released, but here is an interesting question.  For those of you familiar with the area, if you had your choice, which airports would you like released?

My vote would be for Half Moon Bay (KHAF).  For many years, this has been one of my favorite places.

Happy Flying.

Gnoss Field (KDVO) in Novato.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

My vote would be for Half Moon Bay (KHAF). For many years, this has been one of my favorite places.

As mentioned in another thread, I think you'll get your wish as KHAF is already on the schedule.  They'd originally said January, but that was when NorCal was also set for January.

Scott

Edit: Should also mention that KSQL (San Carlos) is also on the roadmap for '14.

S.

Edited by tttocs

Dear lord...so many to choose from.  Half Moon Bay is a great choice.  Clearly, I'd have to suggest Arcata.  Monterey would be amazing (right on the *edge* of the area).  Concord would be cool right there by the water.  Charles Shultz...Stockton...Napa..  Maybe I'm the wrong guy to ask.  LOL.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I think you'll get your wish as KHAF is already on the schedule.

Thanks for the response.  This is indeed good news.  Also, I see that on Orbx's Preview Screenshots, they show what looks like a wonderful verson of Redding (KRDD) is in development.  Indeed a good choice on the part of Orbx.

One of my favorite flights is to go from Klamath Falls (KLMT) to Reading.  Wonderful views of Mt. Shasta along the route.

Happy Flying.

Redding is an excellent choice.  I looked at the previews...there's a train.  I have no idea why that is so appealing to me to see a train on the scenery but i wonder how that would affect the feeling of reality to see trains from time to time on the countryside.  Trains and steeples (like on churches and stuff) were on my list of things I thought would make the FSX world cooler.

Gregg

Edited by Gregg_Seipp

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

KCCR Concord, but they've already done a VERY good job with it ... so maybe KTVL (South Lake Tahoe) would be one I'd like to see.

These are some nice little airports that could be done.  First choice would probably be Shelter Cove.

scairport.jpg

Shelter Cove

Oceanridge

Schelleville

Eureka-Murray

Boonville

Little River

San Carlos

Anqwin

Petaluma

I live in Napa, so i am familiar with some of the local area airports.  A few years ago I took some pictures of Petaluma hangars for Neil over at Orbx, tho I think those were for generic T hangars.

Cheers

TJ

Also, I see that on Orbx's Preview Screenshots, they show what looks like a wonderful verson of Redding (KRDD) is in development. Indeed a good choice on the part of Orbx.

I'd missed this - thanks for pointing it out.  With a second airport and most of the city modeled as well - impressive, and a good location.

Redding is an excellent choice. I looked at the previews...there's a train. I have no idea why that is so appealing to me to see a train on the scenery but i wonder how that would affect the feeling of reality to see trains from time to time on the countryside.

The train is static in this case, but I agree it's very welcome.  Jarrad Marshall, the developer, modeled the rail yard near KSFF in Spokane pretty extensively as well.

Scott

KRDD Redding will be released by this coming weekend all going well

KHAF Half Moon Bay will be March, Scott is extending the PR and also working on the free CityScape SFO

and coming through 2014 ...

KSQL San Carlos

KMMH Mammoth Yosemite, Mammoth Lakes

KBIH Eastern Sierra, Bishop CA

O57 Bryant in Bridgeport, CA

CA51 The Sea Ranch

E55 Ocean Ridge Airport

KEKA Murray Field airport + O33 Samoa

KMRY Monterey Regional Airport 

KBLU Blue Canyon Airport

KACV Arcata

So plenty of NCA goodness to be had by the end of the year :)

Cheers,

John Venema

Orbx_Logo_Avatar.png

A very nice list, John, with a couple of pleasant surprises.  A nice mix of small and medium sized fields.

Enjoying NCA and looking forward to many of these detailed fields.

Scott

I have an emotional connection to KSQL, I soloed there years ago. Also KPAO. Somewhere I never flew to but in the scenic Sierras, is Truckee, KTKF. Also KTVL Lake Tahoe (near the border of NV). (I got married in Tahoe :) ) ....

Bruce.

That is a very nice list.  Arcata, Half Moon Bay, Monterey.  Can't argue with KSLQ.  Might have to hope for Napa sometime but that's a good list. 

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

KFAT - Fresno Yosemite International Airport.

I grew up less than 3 miles from the northwest of this airport.

In 6th grade I called the Air National Guard 144th FW and scheduled a tour of the facilities and planes for my class.

If I come across the pictures of me and friends standing by F-106s I might scan and post.

Keith Guillory