Sign in to follow this  
PDX Flyer

Which No. Calif. Airports Do You Request?

To be honest, after flying a bit around the region, they've done such a good job in upgrading the default airports that I'd be hesitant to suffer the possible performance hit that would come with any add-ons.  (Some are better than others I'll admit - I have PAJN, lovely with almost zero impact, while despite how much I want to love CEF4, I get horrible performance there....)

I flew into Ocean Ridge last night - was very surprised to see the text on the runway... that's quite a upgrade for a default airport!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

It would be great to see Stockton, Columbia, and Livermoore!

Excuse me, Livermore

Keith Guillory

It would be great to see Stockton, Columbia, and Livermoore!

Excuse me, Livermore

LVK as well! Agreed. 

I cant tell if you're trying to be funny or not.  ;)

a month late, but not at all. I lived there for about 7 years. 

I am really, really looking forward to seeing what they do with Monterey.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

As mentioned in another thread, I think you'll get your wish as KHAF is already on the schedule......

Edit: Should also mention that KSQL (San Carlos) is also on the roadmap for '14.

S.

That's good to read- I soloed at KSQL in 1992 and used to fly to KHAF often. Back then I would fly the "Bay Meadows departure" out of KSQL, ... of course the old Bay Meadows race-course is now gone. ( I left the SF Bay Area in 1994, been in CO since).

Used to be fun flying from KRHV, entering the Class C wrapped around KSJC, then talking to tower controllers at NAS Moffat Field (military controllers) and KPAO enroute to KSQL, constantly tuning comm frequencies

Thanks, Bruce.

Woops- sorry, I assumed this was a new thread, then found I had contributed to it ages ago and said much the same thing... BK

Woops- sorry, I assumed this was a new thread, then found I had contributed to it ages ago and said much the same thing... BK

Yeah, I revived it.  Been flying all over NCA.  For the most part, very nice.  My only complaint is some of the industrial areas...makes it really look cut and paste around Concord.  Other than that, it's a pleasure.  I did pick up Redding tonight and got a couple of flights.  Still much more to see but I like it.  I've had a thing for Monterey ever since I saw the movie (and read the book) Cannery Row.  Something magical there.  A bit of Carmel would be nice too.  It'll be interesting how they do Big Sur when they do SoCal.  One of the most beautiful beaches in the world.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

No worries, Gregg... good thread... yes, I agree, the NCA scenery is awesome..

I miss the SFBA, an awesome place and people..... but CO is great too in a different way....

Bruce.

Ok, changed my minded, I want all of them ... SoCal region and SoCal airports ... all of them too.  John V. better crack that whip and get his team moving.  :lol:

I've been flying all over the place, discovering new airports along the way.  Today I found Lampson (1O2), nestled by a lake in the mountains.  Cool place.  Imagine what it would look like with the Orbx treatment.  What a great stop over.

Here's the website for the area...

http://www.lakecounty.com/

Also, there's a girl in a red dress with the most amazing cell phone battery.   :lol:  :lol:

Gregg

Gregg Seipp