Sign in to follow this  
fwerff

Aerosoft releases Night Environment - Belgium

Wow, country by country... that will work out rather expensive in Europe...

A

the pics looks amazing though; sometime they edit them or pick the right engle

i wonder if it is as good as it look in those preview pics

Well, did my first quick tests last night. Took the VRS F/A-18 for a quick spin out of EBBR. Climbed up to FL350 and took a look around.

First of all, it does look more immersive and complete than FTX Global lights. FTX Global lights tend to dissapear when you get above 5000~7000ft and the range where you can see the FTX lights is a lot less.

I fly in real life quite a lot (more or less on a montly basis) so I've spend quite some time looking out of an aircrafts window into a dark night. The Aerosoft NE lights look a lot better and closer to reality than the FTX lights. Especially from a high altitude.

My first impressions are that on a low level, the Aerosoft NE lights might be a bit..... much. Although I don't think it's too much.

So in terms of adding to the immersion of a night flight; this is a GOOD product. It really enhances your night flying way beyond what FTX Global can do.

When looking at the pricing model, I am quite concerned at how the costs will add up when wanting to buy the most significant countries.

I recon every country/region requires manual work and therefor justifies additional money paid over a general product (like FTX Global), but regardless of the release schedule (which probably will mean it will take them a year or longer to release the most important area's), I have my doubts if many people will continu to pay for each (small.... Belgium is very small!) region to expand their night scenery.

I think they better create a "Europe" package and a "USA" package and release it for a 25~35 euro price (for each package) which in the end will translate in more sold copies and thus a higher profit.....

It looks like AS is trying to duplicate their success with AES, but this time I have my strong doubts if this business model will work....

In the end, from a quality and value added to my sim point of view I'm happy with my purchase and when they release The Netherlands (my home country) I will certainly also buy that, but if they maintain this business model, I'm not yet sure I'll continu to buy the packs...

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

EUR 14 per country is a bit steep IMHO.

I may have bought this if it was a larger area (for example "Northern Eurpope") of say 6 or 7 countries, and at a price of about EUR 25.

But I never fly in Belgium, so wouldn't pay EUR 14 for night lights for one of the smallest countries in Europe!

(No offence to Belgique / Belgie;  you understand my point).

So let me think. Since I'm flying mostly in Europe, and let's say I fly mostly above 10 or 15 countries... 15x14e=210e only for night lights!

say-what-nc.png

And that is not plausible, insert lights and textures for 15 countries just like that, in this year?

Anyway, this product is not for commercial flights (airliners), it is meant to attract GA or VFR crowd.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Wonder if you could replace some texture files from this with some default night lighting or even orbx and get those textures everywhere....

Wonder if you could replace some texture files from this with some default night lighting or even orbx and get those textures everywhere....

Yeah, it is certainly hard to understand the 'geographical' element to this product (outside of profiteering).  I mean, are they suggesting Belgian night environments are different to Dutch and German lights?   Will each country really be bespoke?   Are are they just "applying these lights to each country"    - at EUR 14 per pop ?

Yeah, it is certainly hard to understand the 'geographical' element to this product (outside of profiteering). I mean, are they suggesting Belgian night environments are different to Dutch and German lights? Will each country really be bespoke? Are are they just "applying these lights to each country" - at EUR 14 per pop ?

I wonder if it's to differentiate between it being a fantastic new product or just another night environment product.

very possibly Lee.

You can get MSE Belgium for as little as 20 Euros - Aerosoft's NE Belgium adds quite some cost to it ...   :unsure:

Or GSalden's Belgium 2012 for free...  :unsure: