Sign in to follow this  
fwerff

Aerosoft releases Night Environment - Belgium

Can anyone confirm if this lighting works in P3D2 as well please?

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Thanks Chris, I thought LM have ascertained it isn't actually a memory leak, something else, but are still working to improve performance in terms of VAS useage...? NE performance in 2.1 is VAS related then? On another note, I agree that the change to sell in bundles of countries is a good move :) Cheers K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

TY Kevin,

i don't have the technical details as LM conveniently not releasing those

for NE its not a VAS issue with P3D v2.1

NE's memory usage is still the same (not high)

NE Level 3 with NE night texture over default FSX scenery (facing KLAX)

image.jpg

same position, NE turned off

image.jpg

judging by how my lights library behaves under v2.1

i clearly see the default SDK XML strings; not being respected by P3D rendering engine

i don't know how LM calls this; but thats a leak where i come from

Thanks :) will wait to see what developments come through then, I've made the decision to only buy addons now that definitely are latest P3D2 point release compatible, or at a push where devs commit to making their products properly compatible even if they aren't currently so...

xaP1VAU.png

The 'conundrum' for me with this product is that, generally, if I'm flying in darkness, I'm flying tubeliners IFR.  And when flying Tubeliners, I am rarely flying within one country (eg. Germany) or area (eg. BeNeLux).  I'd be more likely to be taking off in Berlin and landing in Madrid for example.

So for me, this product still doesn't work the way it's being sold but to be fair, the only way it would probably work to suit international night flyers, is if it were continental of global coverage ........ and I understand that due to how it's created, that is not feasible.

I do only fly around 2-5% of all flights at night so I'm probably not the target audience, and to be fair, the night lighting does look good.     But not good enough to warrant the current cost per sq/km in my opinion.

Horses for courses I think, for me 10€ for three countries night lighting is a reasonable deal. I would just like to use any sceneries fully in P3D as well. Maybe as time goes on and more countries are produced the options as to how to purchase will become more flexible?

Are there any countries in Western Europe that you are definitely NOT planning to cover please Chris? (Sorry if that's already been covered elsewhere..) K

xaP1VAU.png

TY both Kevin and Dave

at the moment there are no black listed countries with NE

its just a matter of popularity and time, and yes UK will be created soon

i hope you didn't miss the part where NE is fully compatible with P3D up to v2.1

my lights, db's, and textures are fully compatible with P3D; the issue isn't in our hands to resolve

Aerosoft is pushing LM to get this resolved ASAP; there was a recent update yesterday

i just didn't get around to test it yet; as all my dev machines are busy for some time

NE series is in its very early stages; it will prob take few years to get a good percentage of the globe covered

needless to say the more we produce; more bundles will be offered down the road

i don't want anyone to get his hopes up as far as complete Europe or complete USA coverage in one package

as this is not feasible; it will take a good year if not more to produce Europe alone

in doubts? anyone of you with NE; is welcome to open the file in Level 0 with TMFViewer zoom in and see for yourself

i will need allot more processing power help; and at this rate probably a new wife!

we hear you guys load and clear; as result; you all saw our response with Benelux

your support is greatly appreciated, and needed at these early stages

we are doing the best we can to get NE out as fast as possible; at the best cost possible ATM!

i am a private developer; i have a day time job other than this

there are three other members on my team who been helping me develop NE for the past two year

Two French members, one Russian, and myself (L.A., CA)

we coordinate our work over our time differences and each time allowance

i hope this answer some question you guys might had

im always around to answer any other question that may come up

and all be sure we are not letting the issue with P3D v2.1 go, it will get resolved soon!

Best regards

Chris Bell

Thanks Chris, as I spend all of my limited flight time in the uk VFR atm I will almost certainly support you by buying the UK when it's out-any idea what kind of timescale you're looking at for that please? Continental Europe would be nice to branch out into - but I'm finding France is the sticking point atm with FranceVFR being quite expensive :( and I can't bring myself to fly over default France textures to get to somewhere else :P

xaP1VAU.png

YVW Kevin

there's no deadline for UK atm

i do believe UK will be rendered sooner than later though

BTW: there is a free PR and Autogen project for most of France,

you can find it on Pilote-Virtuel.com

the project is also hosted here - http://gropied.pagesperso-orange.fr/

it is one the contributing projects for NE devlopment

kind regards

Chris Bell

Night Environment - Germany is coming along with total of 10.303.039 3D lights!!!

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.p....preview

image.jpg image.jpg

we are entering final processing stages

here's a sneak preview of Night Environment Germany Light Footprint (no pollution!)

Germany_footprint.jpg

you can compare Night Environment Germany Footprint output
with NASA's Black Marble night Imagery here - http://www.nightearth.com

Chris

sneak preview of NE Germany
shown with NE Germany Custom ground Texture over default FSX scenery

Berlin                                     Dusseldorf                             Dusseldorf                             Frankfurt
Berlin.jpg Dusseldorf1.jpg Dusseldorf2.jpg Frankfurt.jpg

Munich                                   Munich                                   Nuremberg                            Nuremberg
Munich1.jpg Munich2.jpg Nuremberg1.jpg Nuremberg2.jpg