Sign in to follow this  
VeryBumpy

Track or follow a specific airplane, how?

I'm familar with FlightAware but I don't see any way to follow or track a single specific planes whereabouts?

For example, mainly I'm curious to know where a single plane goes over a period of a whole week.

Try http://www.flightradar24.com

"Live" traffic is on a map (delayed by 5 min for US flights, though), which has a search function for flight numbers or aircraft registrations. (On the same map, you can also have playback of past flights.)

For historical data, use the Database menu, then Search; again search for flight numbers or airports or aircraft registrations. The latter will give you a list of the latest flights of the respective plane.

HTH

For historical data, use the Database menu, then Search; again search for flight numbers or airports or aircraft registrations. The latter will give you a list of the latest flights of the respective plane.

Strange, does the plane fly back without a flight number?

AAL121 seen @ 2014-02-17 16:08 UTC on route from CDG to JFK

AAL120 seen @ 2014-02-17 02:12 UTC on route from JFK to CDG

AAL1596 seen @ 2014-02-16 19:38 UTC on route from SXM to JFK

AAL1596 seen @ 2014-02-16 13:02 UTC on route from JFK to SXM

AAL922 seen @ 2014-02-15 20:16 UTC on route from VVI to MIA

AAL922 seen @ 2014-02-15 14:37 UTC on route from VVI to MIA

AAL2487 seen @ 2014-02-15 04:04 UTC on route from VVI to MIA

AAL248 seen @ 2014-02-14 16:49 UTC on route from BSB to MIA

AAL248 seen @ 2014-02-14 13:46 UTC on route from BSB to MIA

AAL243 seen @ 2014-02-14 05:58 UTC on route from MIA to BSB

With Flightaware, you can track by tail number.

Where do you see this on the site?

Where do you see this on the site?

On the left hand side of the page, about half way down, there is a box that says "Flight/Tail#" Put your desired tail number in there and get the aircraft's flight history for the last 2 weeks.

On the left hand side of the page, about half way down, there is a box that says "Flight/Tail#" Put your desired tail number in there and get the aircraft's flight history for the last 2 weeks.

Ahhh, by the description I understood it to be for private aircraft numbers only so I never tried it. It does indeed work with jumbo airline tail numbers. Thanks.