Sign in to follow this  
meshman

Speeds chopped for downloads?

Wondering if there is a system change that wasn't announced or some other problem that has shown up in the past day or so?

Trying to download a file that should take <5 minutes and the speed is 24.0kb, also known as dial-up speed on a 28.8 baud modem. Avsim normally runs at full speed on my cable hookup. Yesterday when I was trying to download the file and saw the speeds I went and did a speed test and got my usual 25MB rating.

So what's changed at Avsim?

Page loading is slow here as well as downloads. Just tried another pc same effect.

Regards, C.

Maybe they want us to pay for decent speeds?

:ph34r:

Flight Simulator - MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 Pro |  HDD - 1 x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVME M.2 (OS) - 1 x WD Blue 1TB NVME M.2 (Software) - 1 x WD Blue (SMR) 2TB 3.5 SATA (Storage) | Main Board - MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK | CPU - AMD Ryzen 7, 5800X (3.8Ghz) Un-clocked | RAM - 64GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo RGB DDR4 3600Mhz | Video Card - MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Gaming X TRIO 10GB Monitor - SAMSUNG 49" LC49RG90 ULTRAWIDE | VR Headset - HP Reverb G2 |  Case - Corsair 5000D Airflow | CPU Cooling - Corsair ICUE H115i Elite Cappelix 280MM | Power Supply - Gigabyte AORUS AP850GM 850W 
Controls - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke & Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant + Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus Edition + CH Products Pro Pedals 

f70zmw-6.png

A pipe too small for required usage. Now if it was your pipe, what would you do?

Be careful with your answers here.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Downloads seem have been in the vicinity of "dial-up" speeds for 2-3 days now while speeds at other Internet sites are "normal".

Just trying a sample file today and getting a "baudy" 14KB. That's half the speed of SimViation and about 25% of Flightsim.

But I guess it's not a problem, at least to Avsim.

Same issue here. I used to be able to download at extremely fast speeds, but now I'm capped at anywhere from 24kb/s to 31kb/s.

Not only that, but the Main site and Forums take ages to load for me. What gives? 

I emailed the library yesterday about the issue but they didn't answer... guess they know about it... I hope we get an official word about it sometime soon.

I'm surprised there has not been a response from staff on this on-going issue.  Hopefully it will be repaired soon. 

I'm surprised there has not been a response from staff on this on-going issue.  Hopefully it will be repaired soon. 

They must have left the building. Downloading at 20.0 KB/sec.

Guest Mik75

I downloaded a livery for the NGX yesterday, download speed was between 8-11 KB/s