Sign in to follow this  
Victoroos

Remove runways in addon scenery

Hello all, I'm not sure I should post this here... but to me it seemed the most obvious.

I'm running Mega aiport Amsterdam from aerososft, and like many, have a extreme framerate dip when i'm close to the airport.

I love the buildings, but dislike the runway and taxi way textures/graphics.. I was hoping that, 1: I could replace them with my REX texture direct textures, and 2: gain performance in that way...

I came across ADE (airport design editor) can I actually do it at all, and if so, can I do it with that tool?

vkr

victor

Victor Roos

I don't have that addon, so maybe someone who does can be more specific.

That being said, I doubt that runway textures are causing much of a drop in frame rates.

If they are custom textures then I doubt ADE will be able to remove them. ADE only calls the default textures and the custom ground poly tool is so new that I doubt it was used for this product.

Have you looked through the scenery folder for files with obvious names that you could disable to remove the custom textures?

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

That makes sense.

yes, it are custom textures..

I also looked indeed for "runway.bgl" or something like that. But I can't find them, and I can't open them to verify it is the right file. Is there a tool for that? Cause Photoshop doesn't like it either

but thanks for the logic :).

cheers

vic

Victor Roos