Sign in to follow this  
EngineRoom

Just Flight Canberra PR9 Is Released!

Just taken it for a very quick and dirty spin around EGMH. Initial impressions are excellent - JF really do appear to have upped their game here. The VC is awesome and the flight model felt pretty nice.

A few shots from my Canberra's maiden flight.....

5nc4K1S.jpg

HX6DOxM.jpg

jg8M86v.jpg

p3OJZwS.jpg

BOaGyOA.jpg

ndck9Jd.jpg

rGes3EH.jpg

rgBo8Hy.jpg

7EkBPoR.jpg

OEH80k2.jpg

xcX1vs5.jpg

Superb screenshots!

Thanks for the compliments, I think we did ok for our first project  :P

Martyn - Just Flight

Superb screenshots!

Thanks for the compliments, I think we did ok for our first project  :P

This is the first 'in-house' project for Just Flight, yes ?

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Thanks for the compliments, I think we did ok for our first project 

Like I said, I only took a quick spin. I'll have to have a read of the manual, but I like very much what I've seen so far.

If this is indicative of what we can expect from your new in-house development team then I am really looking forward to the VC10. And just imagine, the sooner you finish the VC10 the sooner I can start pestering you again about a BAC 1-11 and Trident!  :P

I contemplated and debated myself but unfortunately decided to hold off on this purchase. I mistakenly assumed there was a B-57 variant included or going to be an expansion (my fault). Would love to see, and certainly would reconsider (assuming the reviews are positive) if we may see some of the E/R/WB-57 variants at some point.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Then you'll be missing out on what's a very nice model of one of the greatest and most iconic Cold War jets.

I can only echo the post from EngineRoom Kyle.  The PR9 is specifically (and very accurately) modelled on the actual flying example of the PR9 that JF have access to.  Any other variants would just be fantasy versions and in my opinion take a lot away from the product.  This is a strangely addictive add-on.....and that's coming from someone with little interest (historically) in warbirds for FS.

Oh yeah, great pics :clapping:

Cheers

Paul Golding

Thanks Paul. I'm a sucker for anything British in FS.... I'd be over the moon if MilViz did an F-4K/M to go with their F-4E. I know there's no chance of it happening but I'm certainly not going to skip the F-4E because of it.

Funnily enough I've got six 1/48 scale Airfix Canberra kits sitting unbuilt, including two PR9s! I was planning on finishing one in this very scheme which I believe was the special retirement scheme from 2006. I've just had a look at the credits in the manual and it doesn't say who did the aircraft textures..... looking again they really are really well done, both internal and external.

Also just noticed the Canberra comes with a 2nd manual containing 35 pages of performance data, tables and graphs. I can see myself spending a lot of time flying this beauty.

Well done JF! Carry on bringing us British classics of this quality and you've got a lifelong customer from me!

First post WW2 aircraft I believe.

The US flew the Spitfire and Mosquito in WW2, and quite a number of British and French types in WW1.

This is the first 'in-house' project for Just Flight, yes ?

The first project from our new development team (me and two others). We've had an in-house development team for many years, the Flying Club series (C152, Archer III, Duchess, R-44 etc) and programs such as Traffic/Rescue Pilot are all in-house.

Martyn

Martyn - Just Flight

The first project from our new development team (me and two others). We've had an in-house development team for many years, the Flying Club series (C152, Archer III, Duchess, R-44 etc) and programs such as Traffic/Rescue Pilot are all in-house.

Martyn

Well Martyn, judging from the screenshots, you've done us proud. Clearly an enormous amount of effort has gone into it, and I'll be buying it later today.

Just one thing - I know you will probably roll your eyes at yet another model request ( get used to it Martyn - A2A, PMDG...you all have to live with it ;) ) but would you consider doing the Shackleton MR2 at some point, with maybe the AEW variant included? As you're no doubt aware, The Shackleton Preservation Trust at Coventry is hoping to put WR963 back in the air, and I'm sure they would provide access for research, maybe in consideration of a percentage of profits. Is it a possibility...or maybe even the germ of an idea ?

http://www.avroshackleton.co.uk/

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org