Sign in to follow this  
cjcdrummond

ATI cards new Radeon Pro

Hi All

May be of interest use users of ATI cards that want to use Userpools=0 with DX10 but suffer with tearing and artifacts.

I have just installed latest release of Radeon Pro and used suggested settings kindly provided here by cvearl 

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/421849-dx10-fixer-atiamd-aa-and-vsync-guide/

Fingers crossed but left FSX running for 8 hours with NGX ASN and night lighting......much to my suprise when I got back that there was NO tearing or weird object and good framerates!!!!

I can confirm the tear and spikes still exist after installing the latest Radeon Pro. I very much doubted is Radeon Pro but the Actual  Catalyst version of AMD. I have the latest Beta ver14.1.  Even with version 13.4 the spike still won't go away. I am thinking seriously going back to Nvidia but the price tag is pretty high for a good 4gb GTX770 in the UK.

ns27G.jpg

Hi Anthony

I think that Nvidea is the way to go also. I am still without any tearing however and I dont know enough about computing to know whats different other than following what cvearl suggested.

B

Hi, I wasn't aware that there was a new version of Radeon Pro available at this time.

Which version have you got??

Peebee

I was asking about Radeon Pro the latest version is 1.1.1.0 from 13/04/13. It was tweaked slightly to work with the R series cards in Nov 2013, but basically remained the same.

There is a Radeon Infinity in the pipeline but not released yet.

Interesting that Steve did you test with any of the post 12.4 OR are you referring to the driver version and not the catalyst version?

Peebee

I was asking about Radeon Pro the latest version is 1.1.1.0 from 13/04/13. It was tweaked slightly to work with the R series cards in Nov 2013, but basically remained the same.

There is a Radeon Infinity in the pipeline but not released yet.

Interesting that Steve did you test with any of the post 12.4 OR are you referring to the driver version and not the catalyst version?

Peebee

Hi All

Changed GPU to the new GTX780 gigabyte 3gb and the difference is

awesome!!!